Thread: slight reddish tinge in BF poo - should i be worried?

Lightbulb slight reddish tinge in BF poo - should i be worried?

I just changed laa's nappy - 3rd time today - she is BF so i know that their nappy changes can be topsy turvey. but - in this nappy there was a slight reddish tinge - not sure what it was, not really blood colour but not .... well not not blood colour. it looked like a couple of little bits through the gluggy BF poo, but was so small that the camera couldnt zoom in on it.

any ideas? didnt really freak me out, so didnt cause total alarm, but definatly wanted to hop on here to see if anyone had any ideas...............

Last edited by Kitt3n; March 27th, 2009 at 06:57 PM.

Hmmm nope no ideas - but I would wait and see what the next couple of nappies wet/poo are like to see if it was a once off - as long as she seems well in her self and is sleeping and eating like normal.

Hopefully it is nothing and just one of those things that we just have a scratch of our head and wake up tomorrow and all is normal ...

Is it possible that you have a slightly cracked nipple? If you do then that would be the cause. Check around her anus for cracks too. If however you can't find a cause from these two then it is a good idea to get it investigated, just in case she does have some issues going on with her bowels. Good luck hun, blood in poo or wee should always be investigated.

thansk guys. no cracks anywhere ali. not even sure if it was blood, but what else could it be, if she is BF?

Hopefully it is nothing to worry about, but having BTDT with pink in the nappy, it is worth getting checked. Much rather them say 'it's nothing but good on you for coming in' than miss something important. If in doubt, get checked out.