Thread: Sunken Eyes

Enchanted Guest

Default Sunken Eyes

I am a little worried about my DD. She has had a virus for a few days now and for the first day I struggled to get her to drink more than approx 200-300mls in the whole day. Yesterday she drank a bit more and ate a bit more which was great! However, she has slowly started to look worse and worse and her eyes look quite sunken and her eye lids almost look "puffy" if that makes any sense?! I am quite sure it's not a reaction to anything as she has only eaten basic foods. She has eaten a bit this morning and drank nearly 300mls already. So is it just a matter of waiting for her to become re-hydrated again?!

ETA- I did take her to the Drs yesterday and she wasn't overly worried but said we really needed to try and keep her fluids up which we were doing anyway. I guess she just looks a lot worse this morning than she did yesterday.

if you think shes worse today then take her back darl

Aww poor poppet. If you went to the Dr yesterday hun i would be waiting to see how she is by this arvo, that is great that she has had that much already and I would just keep offering regular amounts of water all day. It has obviously taken it out of her.

Can you try to get some hydralite into her to perk her up? You can get icy poles which my DS loves when he's sick.
    Spring xx

Enchanted Guest

Thanks girls. Was thinking that maybe waiting until this arvo was a good idea. She is still really lethargic and it has completely drained the poor little thing.
    I just remember we do have some hydralite in the freezer from when DS was sick last year. Will pull one out when she wakes up! Thanks heaps girls, I hate it when I doubt myself. The reassurance and info is great!

is she weeing much??? I always watch, fluids going in fluids going out, if there is not much coming out and she is not alert when she is awake, take her back to double check. I had a DR miss my daughter being completely dehydrated. Mummy knows her child best!

If you are concerned definatly take her back. My daughter gets dehydrated regularly due to infections so we spend a lot of time in ED getting IV fluids pumped into her (she cant have hydrolite, icypoles and wont drink water due to her autism).

Persist as much as you can to get the fluids in and check back with the doc as much as you feel you need to, worse case if you are still concerned take her to the hospital.

Hope she is feeling better soon.

Enchanted Guest

We had a good day with DD today. She still isn't eating much but has taken a lot more fluids than the previous 2 days.Her nappies have also been much wetter as a result She is still sleeping a lot and now has spots on her body. Her eyes were much better after her sleep. I just wish this would end!!