Thread: Torn Foreskin

Default Torn Foreskin

2 days ago after going pee, my almost three year old son came running to me crying that his penis hurt. The tip was very red and last time I took him to the Dr for that he just told us to use a bit of polysporin on it and it cleared right up. So I got out the polysporin and just barely pulled back the tip of his foreskin to put some cream on (this is normally fine) and he started crying even harder. As I put the cream on I noticed there are 4 tears/cracks on the inside of his foreskin. I took him to the Dr (worried it would infect) and again was told to use polysporin. Today the cracks are still there and look even bigger, though DS is not complaing as much. Has anyone else's son gone through this? WHat did you do for it? How long did it take to heal? Would it likely have been caused by him yanking on it too hard?

It sounds like it could have happened if he tried to retract it? Do you know if he might have done it? I imagine the cracks could happen if he's tried to pull it back because if it's not ready to retract then it could tear? Either way I hope it clears soon for him. Maybe also give him a salt bath tonight or just bathe it in saline as well as using the cream.

He may have tried to retract it, we're not sure. he does lik to play with it. It looks so painful, we'll try anything that might help ! I will try the salt bath tonight thank-you

Rather than start a new thread I will continue with this one. I am not sure what to do with my little guy. His foreskin keeps tearing over and over. It starts to heal up and then it tears again. It's not bothering him too too much but it is all red and he does say it's "ouchy". I'm worried it's going to get infected. We've been putting polysporin on it as directed by the doctor but it's not really helping all that much. Is he going to need to be circumcised? Or will it finally heal up for good? Has anyone else seen this happen? I am going to try to take him back to the doctor but likely will get told AGAIN to just keep up with the polysporin.

Hi Twin Sister
    From what you say I would suggest that your little man is playing with it and retracting his foreskin a little further than he should. I suggest that you continue with the polysporin at least twice a day morning and night. And if possible 3 times a day. You can retract the foreskin a little if you really need to but if possible I would be just putting the polysporin on the tip of his penis. Keep an eye on him and if you see him playing with himself then try to distract him.

My cousins use to do this and as he got older his forskin became very tight and he ended up having a cicumcisum at 12 but I think it was a genetic thing.

Thanks guys, I will continue with the polysporin and see how it goes