Thread: Vomiting same time every night...why??

Question Vomiting same time every night...why??

Hi all

Hoping someone can shed some light on this for me.

We all had gastro over the weekend, DD first, then me and then DH. DD recovered quite quickly, but since then, she has been waking around the same time each night around 10/11pm and throwing up. During the day she is fine, and not throwing up at all. She has no diarrhea, just really stinky poos. Do you think it is just the gastro lingering, or something else? She has never done this before.

She hasnt really had any solids since being sick, and is having 4 breast feeds a day, the last being at 7pm before going down for the night.

I rang the MCH line, but they were no help

Please, if you could help, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance x

No idea hun, but I hope she's feeling better soon!

Thanks Sterla

Anyone else have any ideas?

Anyone????

That's around the time that the air turns cold - it's when I was vomiting too, due to asthma. If she's coughing first, that could be it? It may just be a chest bug?

if her poos stink then id say its the gastro lingering.. try some kids probiotics

I don't know why she's doing that but wanted to let you know that DS does this too. He's had gastro three times in his life now and the first two times (a week apart) he vomited between 10pm and midnight and then it was all over with. This last bout started with the first vomit at 11:20pm on Sat night just gone. Then he was fine on Sunday then sick on Monday morning and Monday afternoon. I have a mate IRL who's DD has been sick for quite a few days too but not every meal so the vomiting is really spaced out. It's a weird bug going around. I have also felt like DS is not quite right still, even though he hasn't been sick since Monday afternoon. He's been coughing lately too so maybe what Kazbah said is going on, although we generally have a heater on in his room (very cold climate at my place!) so the air isn't turning cold. He's coughing in there now actually.

Anyway, be interested to see what others think about the late night vomiting.

ETA - DS is not eating much either but only having one b'f in the morning. My mate IRL says her DD has hardly been eating anything too and when she does she's sick. They seem to be off their food for a while with this one.

Ladies, thank you all so much for your replies.

Kazbah - I did think of that, but the heater is always on, so I don't think the air is getting cold. I do have asthma, so that has been playing on my mind a bit.

Olive - I really hope so too. She had an explosive poo for the first time in ages yesterday. Was so gross! I didn't know there was anything she could take, so thanks for the tip.

Kaz - Wow, our stories are so similar. I hope your DS is feeling better soon.

So last night, DD didn't throw up. I was on egg shells all night just waiting for it to happen, and it never did. We have a Drs appointment tomorrow, so hopefully we'll shed some more light on the situation then. But for now, we have another vomit free night.

Thanks again ladies

How has she been since Friday? I hope your house has been vomit free Did the dr say anything about the time issue?

DS has not thrown up again either and seemed to get back to himself except that his cough has now developed into a proper cold. There's always something isn't there?

Hey Kaz, thanks for checking up on us Aside from a little spew Friday morning, we have been vomit free...yay! I didn't end up taking her to the drs as she hadnt thrown up since Tuesday night. Her poos are still pretty gross, so I'm tipping it was/is the bug still hanging around.

Glad to hear your DS is no longer throwing up, bugger bout the cold though, poor little guy Hope he gets better quickly x