Thread: Anyone had a Wendy's icecream cake?

Default Anyone had a Wendy's icecream cake?

Ok, so I'm taking the line of least resistence with DD2's birthday this year, and am exploring ready-made cake options.

Has anyone had one of those Wendy's icecream cakes with the pictures on it? Was it any good? Did the kids enjoy it?

We haven't had one with the pictures on it, but we did have a big one with chocolate surronding it at christmas time. I wasn't really impressed with it. The bottom layer was very creamy & sweet - not like ice cream - and the chocolate was plastic tasting. A friend of mine got an ice cream cake for her son from Wendy's and they all loved it... it was one like you're describing. Perhaps the smaller and simple the tastier.

I looked at one for DD this year, but Coles had a Freddo one that she wanted instead of the afore offered cake. We just decorated the top to her choosing and it was delicious. It was about a 5th of the price too so I wasn't complaining.

we had one this year and last year and teh year before lol
    they are DD's favourites.
    we had wiggles last year and this year we had tinkerbell.
    if you want photos let me know ill post some on my face book..

i think they are great we get rainbow ice cream. i just add a few glitery sprinkles to the top of ours..

the small round one fed 12 people plus we had enough left over for 4 more slices.
    they weren't massive slices but i think a smaller one is just enough especially ontop of alot of other party foot...

Quote Originally Posted by Marydean View Post
    Has anyone had one of those Wendy's icecream cakes with the pictures on it? Was it any good? Did the kids enjoy it?
    Yes, yes and yes.

It was so good the next adult in the family decided to have one for their birthday party too

yes, i love the wendys ice cream cakes. Best part is you can choose your favourite flavours aswell as the pics. They are a staple cake at my place of work for birthdays (and we are all adults ). Oh and the Happy Birthday and name letters taste just like ice-magic- double yum!!!

a friend of mine always has them - loves them - I've tasted them and found them fine - my friend then gets the kids icecream cones and scoops the cake/icecream into the cone rather than on a plate - the kids seem to eat more of it that way