Thread: Easy & tasty fondant recipe help....

Default Easy & tasty fondant recipe help....

I'm making Zander's birthday cakes (yes there will be two!) tomorrow & I need to use fondant for the icing. The only thing is it usually tastes pretty gross, so I was wondering if anyone has a yummy recipe for fondant? Or is there some other icing I can make that will give me a smooth hard-ish surface on the cakes?

TIA

Icing sugar and water? I wonder if a bit of corn flour would make things hard? That's a total guess though...

ETA: You could do Royal icing but that's exy and fiddly. Hey, how about chocolate?

I had thought about melted chocolate Nelle, but it needs to be coloured & I'm not sure how to colour chocolate properly. I'm making him two Kombis so they need to have different cooured parts.

I really reckon icing sugar and water then.

I can highly reccomend marshmallow fondant icing (sometimes called MMF on cake decorating sites). It's easy to make with marshmallows melted with a touch of water and then icing sugar mixed in.

Very very easy to work with and gives a fantastic fondant finish with a nice marshmallow/vanilla flavour. It can be coloured and shaped like store bought fondant. Also, if you use it while its still warm and use less icing sugar, it makes a good poured fondant as well.

HTH!

Ruth

Ruth! That sounds delicious! *smacks lips*