Thread: Bum wash?

Question Bum wash?

Ok so I am the latest MCN addict . I'm slowly growing my stash as finances don't allow me to go crazy and stock up in one go as I'd like .

One of the reasons I decided to try cloth was DS was getting quite rashy and I wondered if it was the sposies. Now I'm thinking the wipes are just as bad so I've been looking around at re-usable wipes and isn't that just a whole new world too .

My questions are:

1. Does it matter what fabric the wipes are? I've seen bamboo, cotton, fleece etc. I wondered if I could just cut up some microfleece and make my own? I don't have a sewing machine so need fabric that doesn't need edging.

2. Do you use the special bum-wash foamy stuff that I've seen around online? If you do, what brand do you prefer? If you don't, do you just use water or something else?

Thanks

I just use facewashers most of the time - older ones so they are nice and soft. And warm water - nicer on their bots than something cold.

I do have bamboo wipes, but they are ones I got as a bonus for buying up big in a few orders

Thanks Mel.

What do you do if you're out and about?

there are a heap of threads on the foaming bottom wash, but in short I prefer plain water. I found I needed to use way more than the recommended amount to get sufficient wetness to remove any poo and therefore it's really quie an expensive process. I just wet the wipe under the tap or take a small bottle of water if out. Scent isn't an issue for me cos we use unscented wipes if we use them anyway and you don't scent your own bottom
    I have small thin washers, thicker bigger washers, bamboo fleece ones, and minky ones....they all do much of a muchness. Minky isn't my thing but lots love it, the bamboo is really great for grabbing the poo and getting it off, the tinner ones I tend just to use as a freshener. Bamboo is definitely my fave for the heavy duty stuff.
    I'm not sure micro fleece would be all that great but that's probably because I've never tried them and can't really imagine it..........

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kim~ View Post
    and you don't scent your own bottom
    Ha ha. Now that you put it like that it just seems weird to need a scent! I also use fragrance-free wipes so that doesn't bother me. Do you have a particular brand of bamboo wipe that you like?

Will hunt out some of the other threads, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jandals View Post
    Thanks Mel.

What do you do if you're out and about?
    I take dry wipes and a pop top full of water just in case. But usually there is a toilet or parents room nearby so I go wet the wipes there.