Thread: Can a nappy lose its PUL?

Default Can a nappy lose its PUL?

Bit of a strange question but we bought some cushie tushie nappies about 7 months ago when we started to go to cloth. They weren't a great fit for ds and were forever leaking so we didn't use them too often but in recent times in a bid to curb ds's excessive night wetting we started giving him a bath earlier in the evening so he could wee out some of the bath water he insists on drinking before we put him in his night nappy. We started using the CT's again for an hour or so after his bath before we changed him into his night nappy. The last couple times we used this one ct nappy we have found that the nappy has no waterproofing whatsoever. Before an hour is up the entire nappy is sodden and it has gone straight through to the outside of the nappy. Im ready to bin the nappy but i was wondering if it is possible for the PUL lining to just disappear? I dont want all my nappies to go this way if i am doing something wrong. Anyone experienced this before?

Thanks for your replies.

They can delaminte, I have had one IB that did it and was promptly replaced by the company FOC, what make me realise was that it sounded crackly as well as leaking. So it doesn't actually dissappear, but it come's away from the fabric.

Thanks Beema. Its not crackly or anything, thats something i did think of and checked for, its just like there is no waterproofing whatsoever. Its kinda acting like a fitted nappy. Its really strange.

ive had about 5 ct's do the same thing. ive given up on them TBH

Hmm that is odd, I would definitely be contacting CT and speaking with them about it, woah Skybie, 5 of them I wouldn't be happy with that

Is it possible they are a fitted nappy?
    How have you washed them in the past? Maybe the pul has come away from too hot a wash?

I wash them usually in a 40 or 60 degree wash. They haven't really been used all that much which is why im so surprised that this has happened. I cant feel that the PUL has come away at all it just feels like there is nothing there.

They are definately an all in one. This has only happened the last couple of times he has worn them.

Skybie: Iv given up on them too. I dont even want to get a replacement i just want to make sure if im doing something wrong i fix it so it doesn't happen to all my nappies.