Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #133

gigi - great to hear from you. I'm sorry yours & bilby's stay wasn't helpful. I hope Bilby settles down for you soon

beaxtrix - wow, Annika must be a peeing machine! I read your post yesterday, and I thought Nina was a big wetter. Saying that though, we had her in sposies overnight as all my nappies are wet from the rain, and she leaked through her huggies sposie. First time ever. I think I need a bigger size in them though.

PP - eewwww!

Nina had an accident yesterday with her poo too. I took her nappy off to give her some nappy free time (ok, I was too lazy to change her into another one), and she was playing in the lounge room and kept calling me saying 'poo'. But I thought she was saying 'shoe' as she had some shoes in her hand a few minutes earlier. Than I smelt the poo, went in there, and she's poo on the lid off one of her toys.
    At least it didn't end up on the carpets, I only had them cleaned last week.

ETA:
    maz - nothing in the mail yesterday. Hopefully today. I'm waiting on 5 lots of fluffy mail which is due this week.

Last edited by Visitor7; July 9th, 2008 at 09:06 AM.

I went to spotlight yesterday & bought 6.5 meters of the dot minkee they had left, it was $7 a meter down from $13 so I just got what they had left. LOL

I also have a layby at another store that really need to get out, surprised they haven't sent a letter or something

Hey Gigi! I so miss you. But can understand the cold room, I'm freezing my butt of here atm! So sorry to hear that your stay didn't help & made things worse for Bilby.
    So hope things fall into a nice pattern for you soon.

Welcome back Gigi - I've missed your huge informative posts!!!! I'm sorry the clinic didn't work out for you - if it makes you feel better, my DS is a little cling on too... got so bad there for a stage that I was having to go to the toilet with him on my lap because I just couldn't put him down (he was about 14 months at the time). So I just went and got a sling and carried him everywhere. He is slightly better now... if I run to the toilet, do my biz and get back quickly, he'll only scream for a little bit

No fluffy mail here today - just a sick, whingy child with half a lung blocked... fun fun fun in this house...

But on the bright side - the sun is shining so my nappies should get dry... which is good, its been about 5 days and I've only got two nappies left in my stash!!!!!

WOHB: Black Monkey Doodlez - cos he is cool even when he is sick...

wb Gigi!!!! *hugs* sorry to hear the stay wasn't everything you'd hope it be. Lucky DH for getting the floaters in the tub (least I hope they were floaters )

OK, does anyone have any codes for darlings? I keep looking at the amber teething necklace, and they have them plus those cool longies and some organic side-snapping fitted nappies ... mmmmm. ust wondering if Pip's soundly enough asleep for me to do his measurements!

Pip's off sick again, we're both at home. Seeing the docs @ 3pm ... *sighs* poor little chap. Just can't get rid of this cough.

Sparrowgal - have you tried using moisturiser at every change? Regardless of the state of the bottom? I use moogoo (wonderful stuff!) and we have no problems at all ...

Ooooh, speaking of moogoo, anyone going to the Sunday meetup want any? I'm heading to that shop tomorrow I think? Or anyone want any in general?

woHB - no idea, the CC said he was in his home nappy, so suspect its a black BP (I'm a star!)
    Bugger, that means I need to wake him to change his bum!

ooh someone has a smelly butt.. must be the antibiotics.. YUK.. suppose I should have used sposies..

Poor old motherease.. thats all I can say... I don't even want to LOOK at what mess that smell has created...

Had to share news - just got told that I've been accepted as a demonstrator for baby beehinds.. woohoo!!! There isn't any on the sunshine coast, so I think it would be cool!!! And they know I'm just about to drop a little crying bomb, so they said that I can take a couple of months to get myself organised... this is fantastic cos if there is a lot of interest for parties here on the coast, I may not have to go back to work when the bub is 12 weeks old like I was going to have to!! Woohoo!! Had to share my news - its related to nappies so couldn't think of a better place to post it...

Congrats Gudism!
    Hope you have a great time demonstrating!!
    I wonder if they need one down my side of town... maybe i should ask too.

Well i am sitting my cuppa and wagon wheels... yes plural lol waiting for my BBB to dry on the line (so windy atm).... contemplating using them at night but thinking i should wait until the morning to use during the day to test for the first time.

WOHB - CB Pocket with 8 layers of bamboo lol.... asleep and waiting for the weeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Last edited by PinkPalace; July 9th, 2008 at 04:03 PM.

OMG was I ever right about the smelly butt.. I nearly vomited... GROSS.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to fold a flat nappy type thing for a boy? DS is out of nappies now (I know.. unbelievable right.. but hey, its been five days worth so its pretty good going I think) but I wanted to give flats a go. I have the old style ones here that I used as chuck rags when he was a baby... will they do? I have a snappie thing and covers, so I'm guessing as long as I got the folding right, they should work.
    Problem is.. have NO idea how to fold.. lol

Question re: Mandy macs....
    do you need to use snappis/pins? dont they have velco

Congrats Mel that's fantastic news!

PP - nope no velcro - snappi's is what Christy showed me at her house.

crap! if i knew that i wouldnt have bought them... DH wont go for it!!! poo!!!

Well does anyone want to buy 5 mandy macs brand new?

PP - he may not mind it after he tries it... Christy showed me and TBH it looks really easy!!! Even I didn't want to go there because it seemed too difficult!!! But I'm willing to give it a go...
    You could always keep them as "home" ones, where its only you that change them...

oooh i dont know... its hard he thinks i have only bought 6 bbb... when he finds out i ordered even more and they are snappis'.... mmm i cant see him using them... oh well i guess i am stuck with them

evening girls

ssshhhh don't tell my hubby i just bought another GREEN BUM, this time a NB size can't wait for it to arrive. It's blue with animals all over it.

lol i think you will be fine katones i have to explain 5! oooopsss.

So now i have to look at the snappi world *sad*... how many do you think you need?

PP - You can always try to sell them on ebay if you want...

Kat - I won't tell... I'm the master of secrets here... LOL whats a green bum though? don't know bout those ones! do tell!!

PP Stash them away as your rainy day nappies. Thats what I did. I have 7 Mandy macs. Did you get lined or unlined ones?

i can't for the life of me find snappi's anywhere...
    PP they are easy peasy to use!!! except when they fling off and attack your fingers...lol

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast