Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #135

to Mels dh...I just use a peopods trifold between them.

Mel
    i find that with DD - the short and long snap in booster (the long one in thirds to the front) and then a BBB booster (the big square type) folded in half before the wool cover, is more than enough. we have done this twice and without the extra booster between nappy and cover twice and neither has wet through to the wool cover

but i also find that DD hardly wets through after 3-4 hrs the long booster if it is doubled at the front. The small booster is always dry during the day. so maybe she isnt a big wetter

Yeah everytime I have changed him after his nap when he has worn it through the day it is all soaked. But I don't think he is peeing too much of a night time now - think he might be getting to that age where he holds it better, and just lets the fire hose go in the mornings... LOL

I might have to hunt around for another thing to boost it with... or can you put that night booster in the dryer ok?

I put mine in the dryer

I totally forgot I got some fluff in person too today - a goooorgeous knitted soaker from Carrie (BB regular, some of you, JANIE , know her), she knitted it when her DD was in cloth, it's soooo perty & 2 different kinds of purple! My first knitted piece of nappycoutre!! Have given up on getting my gran to knit us longies & have told my Ma she's doing it now lol, just have to print out some destructions & post them to her from NC.

Janie, Am sooooooo amazed that a BBH unboosted gets you through the night! That is true awesomeness! They are frikkin great nappies though, I'll give them that.

Has anyone tried Cute Tooshies at night or would that just be silly?? I can't get over how lubbly & cuddly they are, don't even want to pre-wash... just keep them here with me to pat!

I soooo wish mine would hurry up. I am waiting on 4 lots of fluffy mail

QM the CT goes bad after its been washed, it was so much nicer before... it took me a week to wash mine and the whole time i was thinking, can i wear a bamboo nappy?
    Kim (Kimbaz) uses a CT at night with both of her girls (one is 9months the other is 20 months I think)

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    QM the CT goes bad after its been washed, it was so much nicer before...
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...!!!

Ok.. drum roll... the BB Bamboo is on the butt... boosted with long and short, and because my night booster didn't dry in time... another long one between the outside and wool cover... we'll see how this goes..

And I just have to say I'm a fan of the flats!!!!! He just did his first poo in a flat.. awww.... it even went on the cover..... cute.... (but I'm dying for my little squirt cos it does NOT come off the flats easy.. lol)

lol when does your LS arrive Mel?
    I am loving mine!!! Since DD is back on formula and after her blueberry smoothie yesterday she has the blackest green poo... and it all came off with the LS!!! woohooo!!!

Does anyone know if calico is absorbant enough for prefold flats?

PP - I don't know when its arriving.. but I hope its gonna be soon!!!! Apparently there is a delay..

alexis the first roll off poo is very exciting!! hope they continue for you!!!

BBB havent seen us through for yonks!!! she out wee's a double boosted wildchild!!

Quote Originally Posted by LimeSlice View Post
    omg!! lol this is so weird that I am excited about this but...

We just had our first roll-off poo!! lol

Just thought i'd share with you all!

LMAO isn't it exciting when that happens

If you had told me 2 years ago that I would be sitting here getting excited over someone else's poo I would have thought you a bit wonky...
    But it really is exciting! lol If it continues I wont need a LS after all!!

Ah...so glad I have you girls who understand the joy and wonder of poo

lol

WOHB: Sandman and longies

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Limey - we've had roll off poos here too, but they didn't last long! Now we're back to the poos that look like a four wheel drive has driven over them and mashed them into the nappy liner! so at 20 months old, i still am very grateful for LS -ness every single day. Oh bring on the roll off poos to this household!!!!!

Gudism - you might have four night nappy options, but if you are chasing your tail, to have something actually dry to use, pet, i said love, i said pet, you sound like you need a quicker drying night time solution. Maybe a night pocket or a night all in two. Chasing laundry is no fun.

Limey - vent away! i havne't seen you put anything offensive - maybe they confused you with someone else.

The cute tooshies bamboo delights
    cute tooshies hemp classics
    cute tooshies soy/bamboo
    (all three are fitteds)
    cute tooshies ai2

my CT's have stayed soft inside and out, i put it down to putting them in the drier for last 5 mins. Do you have a drier CookieMonster?

Pink Palace - well if your dh is still poopy, and he's putting on PUL pockets with aplix - well - there are no words for what i'm thinking!! Bubs is not a puppy you give to the RSPCA cos you've changed your mind! If you sign up for being a parent, cleaning up poop is part of the contract!!

Melham - sending you labour vibes hon

Maz - was that a lightning flash, no it was Super Maz!

Nelle - helllllllloooooooooooo

WOTBB: nicNaps night nappy (no longer made) but still working well. Polar fleece pocket with hidden PUL layer, only aplix closure nappy we own, only have it on bilbs under a sleepign bag so she can't undo the aplix, cheeky bilbs.

oh new person, Noni is it? The peapods that are losing their leakproofness - have you done a strip wash? Sometimes, MCN products do this, due to a buildup of washing detergent. the remedy is to do a strip wash, you wash the peapods (in this case) in mild dishwashing detergent and rinse until no more suds. THis strips the buildup of too much washing detergent.

Washing MCN - only use HALF the amount of washing detergent you normally would use for clothes washing - that's why a separate nappy load is necessary. If you wash your nappies with the clothes (with double the amount of washing detergent) you can get the buildup (which causes the MCN to be less waterproof).

i dunno your wash routine etc, just putting out there, the usual suspects for what you have described. It may not be that at all, there are other possibilities, but i ahve described the most common culprit.

and welcome to the thread!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Pink Palace - what you asked - why is the pocket nappy less absorbent than fitted + cover on your bub? Many people swear by the "two lines of defense" style of MCN, using a fitted and cover. Especially with newborns. I know your gal is not a newie, but you have described her as a light wetter before - i dunno. If she can still use a BBB for a night nappy, i think your description is spot on.

Stuffing a pocket - there is more of a science to this that i realised. In my first six months of using pockets, i read up quite a bit on Nappycino about this - got lots of tips, made so much difference.

I feel like some photos, anyone with fluffy mail feel like taking pics? Entertain me! Show off! c;mon - you know you want to!!!

Lil Precious - you still lurking hon? hiya!

Cooper had a shocker last night.........he was in his BBB as usual with the wool cover and woke at 3 absolutley saturated, hes hasant done that in ages, I checked his nappy and Dh had used to long boosters both folded in the front, dont know if this would have been too bulky and caused a leak or if it was just a one off..........please let me get fluffy mail today. I was hoping my tax would be in but no, yet centerlink received my totals from the ato on friday.

YEs gigi she is a light wetter... i dont even think her nappy was wet on waking up this morning... i hope she is ok. Maybe the BBB just hold wetness smell well?

I hope you get fluffy mail soon too mel
    Our covers were posted yesterday.. so hoping for tomorrow or friday to arrive ( i will let you know).

So i am thinking of holding off on the prefolds for a litle bit... seeing how i go...i am up to 48 fitteds/aio's , and maybe that willbe enough for 2 in cloth????

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast