Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies # 169

Hi,
    Im new to the BellyBelly forums, and i love modern cloths, so looks like i came to the right place! i have a few baby beehinds but my absolute fave's are my baby beehinds OSFA's. They are bamboo. my daughter is toilet trainede, and we are looking at trying for another in a bit over a year ( when my uni degree is almost done). I CANT WAIT to go shopping for more with my next bub. i still look now, even though there is no reason for me to actually buy. They are a tad addictive.

welcome Alycek...
    be warned this thread moves QUICK and we are all fluff addicts!!!!

yeah i think i will get rid of some of them. i kinda have enough -dont really need these ones

who was looking for grown up baby legs? try best and less!!!! i got a pair for $2!!!!

Welcome Alycek

Welcome to the madness. Addictions welcome here.

LOL

WELCOME alycek - be warned all the girls in here are ENABLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kitt3n - WHAT!!!!! adult babylegs......hmmmmmmm wonder if they will stretch enough over my stumpers

Kat - no more covers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no more lady

BG - I need another fluffy fix... feeling blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Maz hunny - i'm SERIOUSLY contemplating buying just ONE nappy - but i don't know what to get - i just want one spesh one for her for Easter (next year of course! lol). feeling very blah and need to do something to make me smile (DH home tomorrow provided his truck doesn't die again so i'll be in a better head space for a few days!)

Well i decided to spend early before i get my tax bonus but looks like i am elegible... bugger... Oh well... paid for now... was hoping to get few more but looks like i'll have to save now... lol. (wonder how long that will last)

Have ordered a GK and a CT and baby legs from Mel... _ who might i add is such a sweetie and has helpped me in every way and even when i put in 2 orders let me combine the postage... What a champ... I will definatly be back Mel...

Also have some AI2's comming... Oh and waiting on my Maz Night nap...

I like to wash daily (nappies anyways) i was a flat user so have been going through bout 6 nappies a day (i only have 10 flats) and a huggies at night.... replace with some new MCN night naps and no more sposies. so if i am washing every day would 10 MCN's be enough to begin with????

My issue is i just cant choose which MCN to get... Maybe u ladies who cant buy fluff or dont need to but want to maybe when i need more i can tell u and u can do the buying... (i'll pay of course... Unless someone wants to be generous... PMSL)

Geez Jess don't make that offer - you'll have women scrambling to buy stuff on your behalf..

ROFL

i've been watchin this thread for ages and i wasn't sure if i should say anything as i havent decided wat i'm going to do for my bub but really want to try MCN and not sure where or how to start anyone?

JwJ - i would suggest reading the other thread in this area "help for new users" - it gives you the very basics

it's so hard to know where to start - i basically read this thread for about 2 months before i jumped in with my first purchase (covers from maz) - with the idea that i knew i'd have flat nappies, and i'd need covers - and i HATE plastic pilchers with a passion! then i started to look at fitteds - nappies that need covers but are sized (mostly) - and it all kinda grew from there! i google all the different brands that are mentioned here, look, then check out what feedback they have. if they look suitable i've bought one maybe two - and will try them out.

i would look at the shops that offer more than one nappy brand (arimeh's, ozbabytrends etc) and have a good look around) - ask as many questions as you need to to find out what the reputation of that nappy is - the ladies in here are fantastic and honest - and are the bestest (or worstest) of enablers! it can be addictive though - beware!

Jess - I started off with 5 MCN and was washing / drying every day and that was OK. BUT! Using the clothes dryer! Of course, now I have like, way too many nappies (must do a count soon) and if I really wanted I could go almost a whole week without washing. But having that many does make it easy to air dry without hassle.

Personally I'd try some BB (Baby Beehinds) second-hand and see how you go, that worked really well for me. I'd buy a couple of second-hands to see how they'd work, and if they did, buy more new.
    If you do buy pockets, it's well worth buying extra stuffers / boosters cause the pocket will dry quicker than the insert. Same with AI2s - I bought 2 inserts for every shell and would use the shell 2 or 3 times each - I'd also use them as a cover for flats.

BG - how about a starbumz rabbit or other cutey? Great pockets that are very absorbant with their bamboo stuffers and very thick PUL. And they are side-snappers

WoHB - BP "I'm a Star!"

lol jess *kitten raises hand* I LOVE the thril of a stocking, its like a drug (omg how sad?!)

welcome jithj and alycek - welcoem to the madness

jwithj - to start you might want to grab some second hand - so that you can try out all the different styles without absolutely blowing the budget. then when you find what works for our bub you can go and get plenty of that brand new there is a site called buy4baby where you can bid on mcn - and there is a new second hand site in the air too that i keep hearing about, dont think its up yet though. i have only just recently found what really works for us - its taken nearly 4 months!!

my dilemma - have decided to keep at least one of each that dont suit laa so i have them on hand for future bubs.

wohb - ss cuddlefleece bubblebubs. will get more of these when i can

Did someone ask ages ago about woddlebots?

Cos yes, I have one - I really like it. has fit charlotte for ages now. Make sure you get the right waist measurements though cos the tabs dont cross over

JwithJ - where to start!! lol For a NB you may want to use just flats or prefolds and covers, I prefered flannelette ones. (have to be the ones with the blue stripes on the edge - lol) You will need covers with leg gussets. There are some newborn size nappies out there, but I couldnt see the point in spending all that money on nappies that you change every hour and they wear for 5 weeks.
    Anything after that is personal choice though - how often you want to wash, how easy you want to make it for hubby or granparetns or day care, how much money you are prepared to spend on each nappy and total.....what does and doesnt work for your bubba.
    I love my pockets and AIOs. They are easy, quick and hubby proof. I just stuff and fold them all and he puts them on without fiddling around. I live in WA though, so everything dries pretty quick over here, and I do fulltime wash every or every second day....so I have a few (But NOWHERE NEAR as many as SOME PEOPLE lol)

Buy one and see how it works, if you like it, buy more. Jus tbe careful buying up big before you know what your bubba fits and needs. It can be a very costly mistake! And although you can often resell the nappies for a good price, you will never get back what you paid and postage etc.

Good luck and welcome to the addiction!

Oh and if you are still undecided about using cloth over sposies, there are a couple of great threads going at the moment on the many benefits to cloth, so have a peek. May help you decide either way

Well we tried the baby bling for the first time today - love the WC! Fits her quite well, although it is a little large - will certainly do her til TTing. So am happy with that one. Thanks Maz!!!
    Am now almost finished my NN gathering. Got another sandman today. I love them - I just dont see the need to find another one now lol she never out wets it and the fit is fab with out distorting her hips with bulk! Perfect!
    So now I have 6 of them, almost one for every day hehehe happy-ness

WOHB: nothing - showering with daddy!

JwithJ - I'm only new to cloth and I've been testing out second hand nappies first. I found a few I liked and bought some new. Also, a lot of places have trial packs which are excellent to start with as well so you get an idea of fit and absorbency etc. without going to the cost of buying a whole stash.

Am I totally stupid for not noticing the "reputation points"? I just went to my profile to update my signature and it tells me I have reputation points!! **Thanks girls, you know who you are**

Hey Maz - Have I missed the easter cover? I can't remember.

I want some abby gro's. Missed the stocking and the ones I wanted are gone, long gone. And I never see them on B4B.

LimeSlice - i find WC are a great fit on DS. Are they all exactly the same cut? Bling, workhorse etc?

Does anyone have a hubby like this... I went out for half hour to deliver some goodies to people and when I got home DS STANK. I mean he smelled ROTTEN. I could smell him from the front door it was that bad. I asked DF if he'd just changed a sh*tty nappy, he said "no, don't think he's done one. Why?" I peeked in his nappy to confirm my suspicions and yep a huge stinky poop. Now I know that DF MUST have smelt it, it was impossible not to. But he pretended not to realise, and let DS walk around with a sh*tty nappy for who knows how long until I got home.

JwithJ - welcome to the mad world as well!!!

As for where to start - definitely read the "help for new users" thread started by Nelle. Heaps of info in there for you, get to know the terms, what they stand for, what they mean, what material is used, the absorbency of that.. and you'll see popular brands mentioned there - and have a look around at some online stores, see pics, google for reviews etc...

And ask lots of questions!!!!!!!! No question is too stupid to be asked in here, cos more than likely - someone else is wanting to know the answer too.

Happy researching!!!!

Kitt3n - I have a couple of nappies here that I'm thinking of getting rid of, just cos I don't really like them.. and the kids just pee through them straight away.... I would keep em for the next one, but honestly, it would probably be the same

I wish the oz dollar wasnt so bad now....we could have done a SB co op and got some from the us. I got some from their and they were bamboo velour...noice!!!!

BG I might get some material instead and make us a cover to match......what print do you want???

LS - so glad that the WC works so well for you.... it was hard letting it go but there's no point in a nappy if it just aint right

Jess - get some BBH - secondhand...first hand any hand

JwithJ - BG was spot on......you are better looking at the newby thread for starters until you find your feet and then you will just end up jumping in head first. warning MCN's are known to take over your life

I better get the nappies inside before the night cold gets to them......so they can sit on the couch next to jed for the night dont ask

WOMB - black IB nmushed into baby spinach, olives, cherry tomatoes, zuchinni and rice..oh wait...there's a small chicken drumstick peeking out

Hey, guess what?

shellsbells is now a mummy?!>!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast