Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies # 170

Default Cloth Nappies # 170

This thread is for you to share your experiences with different cloth nappies.

Your moderating/admin team for this forum are:

Christy
    ~Raven~
    Tanya
    suse

You can find their email addresses here.

New to this section? Please read our Cloth Nappy Forum Guidelines HERE

For basic cloth nappy information, please checkout the Help for New Users sticky.

Your old thread can be found HERE

If you wish to subscribe only without posting you may do so via the Thread Tools at the top of the page.

woohoo, the first!

With the negativity to cloth - well, I have my mini-pocket keyring and people tend to think I'm a bit fanatical about it all. And I really don't give option to people - I supply cloth, and if they want sposies, they have to buy them themselves. Including DH.

WoHB - BBH with IV PUL cover, soon to be dream-eze with cfa soaker.

I get quite a bit of negativity towards cloth, I don't think it's likely to stop any time soon. I just shrug it off and give them the "you parent your child, I'll parent mine" line.

I'm beginning to think we need a few night nappies. DS has never wet through at night but since he picked up this damned runny nose and congested chest he's wet through every night (3 nights now).

So, Maz's night naps aren't available at the moment. Can someone give me solutions while I wait for the May stocking or give me IN STOCK options?

CM - widdlewuns? Try Arimeh's store or widdlewuns on ozebaby directly. She'll also do customs if you contact her ...

Morning morning!! (whoops, afternoon already? Geez its been a long day)

I met up with Rhyb this morning in brisbane, and a few other BB girls (hi Lea!!) which was cool - I had no children so that was a bonus!!!

Was nice to sit and chat with people and have a coffee and not worry if my child was running around destroying things!!!

As to negativity about cloth - I haven't heard that much really? A friend of mine doesn't understand why I would, but hasn't made any other comments - PLUS - she brought 2 bumg's for her daughters teacher - so I must be doing some influencing..haha...and my mum doesn't really like them, but doesn't say anything to me.. and my sister just says.. gee you must have LOADS of time apart from all that washing...

Yeah cos I stand over the sink and scrub every one of them... I don't just chuck them in the washing machine and walk away or nothing

WOAB: Swaddlebees
    WOMB: GF (woooo yeahhhh baby...)

i've not copped much negativity but haven't started using yet. i've had a couple of people say "why" but when i explain the money, environmental impacts of sposies and the fact that, essentially being single a lot of the time, putting a load of washing on over night is gonna be a hell of a lot easier than trying to drive 40k round trip if i'm running low on sposies

my folks started off with the attitude that, if i wanted them to look after bubba at any point, i'd have to supply sposies - and when i replied that i would supply nappies that we used, and if they didn't like that they could buy sposies and that my daughter had best be in cloth when i take her home they realised that they wouldn't win on that argument. picked up some fluffy mail on the way to their house one day, showed them a couple of iishfly's and i have now converted them. the only problem i face now is my dad NEEDING to have nappies that match outfits properly (like the cow cover and dress!) and if what she's wearing doesn't match what nappies are in the bag, there will have to be a change of clothes to match it! lol

actually had mum say to me the other day that, when we work out if any osfm nappies work really well on Gremlin, i have to let her know and she'll start building up a stash to cover two days a week ready for when i go to work - mum has no issue washing the nappies (hmmm, how far she's come in a few short months!) and would like to have a small stash ready for when i go back to work to take some pressure off me! i did say it would be fine for me to supply nappies (she can still wash if she wants!) but i think she just wants to help as much as possible. her comment was "i'd go through a pack of sposies a month looking after her two days a week, and we agreed i wouldn't ask you to buy those, so i may as well spend that money on something that will help us all out" - hmmmm, maybe i have a couple of cloth converts on my hands!

that's great BG!

Mel - glad you had a good meetup with some BB ladies

Great job at converting your mum BG!! I am a bit like you dad...having to match the outfit to the nappy, LOL, and the spare clothes in the bag have to match to! I think I've almost spent as much on babylegs as I have on nappies, LOL, cos they have to coordinate.

WOJB...terry flat, BigW cover...waiting on my BBH covers for my flats.

I haven't had any negativity either most ppl are really interested. Not so much that they want to try it tho and I did organise a BBH demo which none of my friends came to :-( But I do get lots of questions and it plants a seed i think.

BG your mum sounds great!

Mel- WHat a nice thing to do, an outing without kids!!! But even better to hang with some BB ladies. We are having a Sydney meet up soon, I'm looking forward to it, I had a great time at the last one.

Well Em went to her party today in her Ladybug Lou Lou, babylegs and wings! OMG she looked so cute! Will try and post a pic in the gallery but they are on facebook. Eveyone was very interested in the nappy. One mum asked me is that a disposable...aah no, sposies don't look that good!

Hmm I wonder if I'll get in trouble for a post I just wrote...

Bahhh... ah well.. can't be in everyone's good books..

not much happening here nappy wise....
    couldn't really care if they all went up in flames right now....i am sure i will regret that comment later about my precious fluff!!

That doesn't sound good...What's up Kat?

I think this will show you my gallery
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...0&ppuser=11801

eej - gorgeous pics!

kat - hope everything is ok!

having stupid debt and renting!!!! and i'm sitting here in friggin tears over it!!!!
    can't damnwell save for a deposit if we are paying our stupid debt off aswell as renting.... sorry..NOT nappy related.
    I am waiting on my custom GF nappy...can't wait to get it!!!

Kat! You will get through - trust me, we did and we were screwed lol

Mel - what on earth did you do???

Eej - she looks gorgeous!! ooh pretty little chubba!

WOHB: Free range. Dont know why I bother buying nappies, she just pulls them off....going to invest in some safety pins I think

LS - bwahahahaha - safety pins... your girlie is just far too clever.

Kat - it'll get better (you could sell some stuff? Not your fluff though!! lol)

What did I do? hmm.. its in another cloth thread...

sell my husband??? nah then there will be no sex!!!!!lol
    and definatly not the fluff!!!!

[email protected] well it seems fair enough to me!

What do you think of the new BumG organics though?

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast