Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #171.

Default Cloth Nappies #171.

This thread is for you to share your experiences with different cloth nappies.

Your moderating/admin team for this forum are:

Christy
    ~Raven~
    Tanya
    suse

You can find their email addresses here.

New to this section? Please read our Cloth Nappy Forum Guidelines HERE

For basic cloth nappy information, please checkout the Help for New Users sticky.

Your old thread can be found HERE

If you wish to subscribe only without posting you may do so via the Thread Tools at the top of the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky_Monkey View Post

Arimeh/Mel (what do I call you? lol) - I've got my wedding dress under control, thanks for asking though It's probably the only thing set in stone at the moment.
    Call me whatever you like Just not Melina PMSL

Kaz - maybe the insert bunched? Green Kids don't usually leak (however I'm not brave enough to try different inserts, I'd feel like I was cheating.. rofl)

Marlene - it *might* work... you'll soon find out!!! LOL... I use the microfibre and the bamboo booster - as well as the bamboo inserts for night times with DS here.

Mel... I put DD in the greenkids anytime last night (with intentions on changing her later) well i didnt... And it held up all night... No leaks but man it was full...

Anyone tried the ebay babyleg warmers ones?? They have a set of 4 for 19.99 + postage

Marlene- With My flats (when i was living in the darkages with no knowledge of MCN's i got one cloth nap and cut it up into boosters... (overlocked the edges)
    My Maz cover is a large and it hold EVERYthing in... lol since i have been using it over the NN no more leaks... But like i mentioned last night the GK anytime held up so u might be lucky...
    Last edited by Je$$_84; April 16th, 2009 at 09:37 PM.

Marlene - good luck with that combo... I don't like your chances of it being workable more than once! Either it will leak or be so bulky Jack will wake up thru the night. JMO, but I'm going to enable you here. Sandman. KK AIO. GF NN. Maz's NN. Bubblebubs GNST. Snoozywun. Mandy Mac. And like the MCN oracle told me, get a good night-time cover

Hmmm, maybe I over-bulked it with the flat in there, LOL...should have just used the bamboo insert and the microfibre (which I totally forgot about, lol) and the Maz cover. Oh well, we'll see how it goes.

NaNa....I don't even need an enabler...lol...I know nearly all the brands ( I google EVERYTHING ever mentioned in this thread and have them all bookmarked, lol...just need some more money!!

Marlene - I also use my BBH fitteds overnight with a cover, do you have any of those?
    I also bought a giraffe GK for overnight, but I keep using it during the day cause its so cute! I'll be interested to hear how it goes

Gigi - please make sure you let me know when the stash goes up for sale!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

MARLENE: He now has on a GK minky times pocket with the bamboo insert (it's a double layer one) and then i folded up a terry flat (which made 4 layers) and shoved that in the pocket as well, I then covered all that with a Maz minky cover.
    He now has the biggest butt you can imagine, LOL, and I don't think he can even rollover in bed, HAHAHAHA.

Do you think set up will work till I get a proper NN? Or am I heading for wet jammies and sheets in the morning?"

- how much does said gorgy bub weigh?
    - how much does said gorgy bub usually wet in a night?
    - how long does a GK minkytimes pocket last him in the day? is it stuffed wiht a GK bamboo insert then too?

big butt is not a prob in itself
    i'm impressed HOW MUCH you fitted into the pocket cavity!

-do you have any more bamboo inserts (apart from the GK to put in there, instead of the flat - just to get the bulk quotient down and the absorbency quotient up, e.g a bamboo trifold or booster?

-is there any leg gape, once you close the pocket on him?
    sometimes if you OVERSTUFF with bulky fabric, overstuffing can be an issue

-does he have FIRM or LOOSE fitting pj bottoms on over the top of the pretend night nappy? Loose is your best bet (if you got no longies).

-do you have any woollies? to put over the top?

- MInkytimes will have a hidden layer of PUL in it. Once a PUL nappy, is 100% saturated in the absorbency layers, THEN the pul gets wet. So the success of your experiment, will rely, on how much of a wee machine you have there, over the course of one night (and how long he sleeps too). PUL nappies are more suited to short wears, e.g daytime, because of this. But i did have one fleece night nappy, with hidden PUL, i think it worked, due to the fleece outer. One of the very first MCN i ever bought, during the first Nappy Hunt i did, whilst pregnant with bilby - sigh - those were the days! (of nausea all day and night! LOL, so researching mcn distracted me).

Kazbah - sign me up to MCN ANonymous - i need to be de-toxed methinks!
    I have tried the Starbunz trainers on bilbs once, unfortunately, she cannot handle the staydry inner, but they are excellent, other than that (for us). ANother bub who can handle staydry inners, would be great on them. (i am not a happy camper, to have to keep her out of funky purple starbunz trainers!!! so cute).

NaNa - having a bub made me lose my butt too, but not thru exercise, i suspect i'm in the peri-menopause stage. Is all the pram pushing working? is sleep happening?

Marlene- u sound just like me... book marks galore here... lol

Thanks Gigi for taking the time to type all that!!

- how much does said gorgy bub weigh?
    I had him weighed approx. 3 weeks ago and he was only 8.5kg..so wouldn't be too much more than that now I don't think.
    - how much does said gorgy bub usually wet in a night?
    Not a real big wetter actually, his sposies are never really heavy in the morning (despite usually having 2 night feeds) Probably didn't need all that stuffing, LOL.
    - how long does a GK minkytimes pocket last him in the day? is it stuffed wiht a GK bamboo insert then too?
    Yep, have the insert in the day too. Hmmm, they never really feel too wet BUT i do change him quite often cos if his shirt gets dirty and I need to change it I change his nappy too...it's all gotta match ya know...LOL.
    -do you have any more bamboo inserts (apart from the GK to put in there, instead of the flat - just to get the bulk quotient down and the absorbency quotient up, e.g a bamboo trifold or booster?
    Yeah I do actually, I have a peapod trifold that lea gave me...I can use that.
    -is there any leg gape, once you close the pocket on him?
    sometimes if you OVERSTUFF with bulky fabric, overstuffing can be an issue
    Not really sure on that either...when you've got a baby that is trying to run away or become a contortionist while I am changing him I don't get to really check it that well. LOL
    -does he have FIRM or LOOSE fitting pj bottoms on over the top of the pretend night nappy? Loose is your best bet (if you got no longies).
    UH OH...he's got a Bonds Wondersuit on.
    -do you have any woollies? to put over the top?
    Not yet...but working on it!

Oh dear....looks like I will have to change the setup when he wakes for his boobie at about 11ish tonight. Lucky he is only a light wetter.
    Thanks for helping me out so much gigi...I'm definently a newbie to all this cloth stuff. I feel like a bit of a dumbo now that i didnt think to just put another booster/insert instead of the massive flat..PMSL.

Marlene... I'm just glad there is not just me the newbie here... ( some of ur q i was thinking but asking also...

See how it goes... i guess its all trial and error cos every bubs is different.

Picked up 2 more pairs of babylegs on ebay... YAY

WOTB... Maz NN and cover

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Marlene, i would just put a new "boosted day nappy" on him, before or after, each night feed. (until you get night nappies).

peapods bamboo inserts are good value, glad you have them.

you're not a dill hon, you're prolly doing 20 things at once, plus keeping hold of your little Houdini. (i am still having trouble visualising, how the heck you could FIT a GK insert PLUS a folded flat in that pocket cavity - you deserve chocolate for that feat, woman!!!

at 8.5kgs, that's a good weight, for either getting Size 2 nappies, or larges (dependent on brand of course). The OSFA nappies usually go until 15 - 16kg. so that's another option too. except for the Mandy Mac Purple Nights, which goes until 25kg. but with such a houdini, maybe a ai2 or pocket style night nappy, would suit your lad better? (only one thing to put on then).

with the two lines of defense style (fitted and woollie etc), you lie them down to put on the fitted, but you can put on the longie or flongie easily, when child is standing up. but it is one extra thing to put on.

but yes, i would be ditching the bonds wondersuit quickish - anything firm fitting - compression leaks? wicking? hmmm. Have you got anything else to put on him that is LOOSE around the crotch area? a size too big wondersuit?
    a top and a pair of too loose leggings?
    a sleeping bag?
    just think VENTILATION.

i think if you change him at each feed, you'll get away with this.

you girls...new thread already..

Gigi - i need details hon about you know what.

Have decided to give new nephew a minkee wrap instead...I just oucldnt handle knowing I made a OOAK nappy to have it sit on a shelf and get tossed to the Salvo'sin 6 months time nappies are made to be used and loved,.

Had a lovely play date this morning....maz has been keeping to herself a bit to much...so when I was asked to attend I did Had a lovely chat to Donna from Knits and Knots and Lori from Very baby fame. Will be something maz will be doing more often me thinks.

Im starting to get a bit sad......seems that there arent many WAHM's that make stuff around atm...IFYKWIM were are the crafty chicks?????????

Jess...how many babylegs you got now?? i counted tonight and I have 12....still havent got all the ones I want though, LOL.

Gigi...All my stash is either OSFM or Large.
    Jack just woke up NOT impressed that he couldn't move, lol, he's a very restless sleeper and is usually in a different position in his cot every time I look in his room. I took my creation off him and just replaced with a sposie tonight as he was screaming the house down, I didn't even want to attempt to get the wondersuit off him, LOL.
    Am definently going to try a new streamlined setup tomorrow night....bring on next week, I'll be ordering a NN!!

Maz...I'm trying to get crafty, LOL. I do personalised invitations and announcements...but haven't actually got around to the "starting a business" side of it yet, LOL. Have done jobs for friends/relatives and ended up with a few paid word of mouth jobs...just gotta get motivated (and the knowledge) to start a website or something.

ETA: I've been thinking about you all day Maz...i got a new phone yesterday and am a bit stresses about knocking it around and scratching it....I thought, wouldn't it be lovely to have a funky fluffy minky cover for it...LOL. Could be a whole new market for you hun! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlene View Post
    ETA: I've been thinking about you all day Maz...i got a new phone yesterday and am a bit stresses about knocking it around and scratching it....I thought, wouldn't it be lovely to have a funky fluffy minky cover for it...LOL. Could be a whole new market for you hun! LOL.
    maybe that can be your line hon I honestly dont have enough hours in the day atm....its funny i sat down for the first time tonight and actually pinned together this fleece and minkee blanket...first material ive touched in a week (thats a long time for me)

what i was trying to say was that months and months ago people would say what they had tried to make for their bub's / kids and now no-one does its like its a dying thing atm thats all

I can't sew to save my life Maz....LOL. DH asked me to sew a button back on a pair of his shorts the other day...I couldn't even find a needle and thread in the house.
    I have a sewing machine that I have never even switched on...PMSL.

im making wipes. as soon as DH sets up my overlocker. and I learn how to thread it.

I'd like to be crafty but we cant all be talented Maz... i think thats why ur so special... lol. I think if u had that 1 idea... i watched the news bout Mums starting home businesses....

I can sew... But no machine... I have an ovrlocker but no normal machine... One day... lol

marlene... I had 3 pairs of bonds ones but gave some to a friend cos they cut into tiahnas legs. got a babyleg set from Mel's store but they do the same... So i just brought few girls size ones on ebay... so 2 sets... LOVE them but glad i waited to see if they dug in... i'd have a stash and not be able to use them... Lookin at the other supersoft ones but 28 for 1 hmmmm

Hi all

I have Lachlan in bed tonight in his licious lullaby tonight, i must say Maz it is a great fit on him, nice around his chubby legs.
    My line is full of baby beehinds and ready to go for tomorrow. We had a bad day with nappies the other day as i used my peapod on Lachlan and he leaked all down his leg, i then used another nappie only to find he had wet socks.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr bad day there.
    I must say that it hasnt happened in the beehinds though so i think i will increase my stash. I only have 7 at the moment so am doing alternate days. I was also looking at trying out the cushie tushies also.
    any recommendations for a nappy for my super wee boy.

I have one set of babylegs for Lachlan but i find that they seem to be a bit tight on his chubby bubby legs, I am after more as he is a commando crawler and his legs get cold on the tiled floor even with pants on..

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast