thread: Cloth Nappies #173.

Mar 2007
    Perth, WA

hi ladies

i got fluffy mail too today!
    IBs - peppermint and a pink one
    BG - pink and green one
    PI - white
    babylegs - shortcake (so lovely colours - they go with all my nappies so far)
    tonnes of wipes

ooo i'm so excited - washing machine just finished so i can put them on the line and hopefully i can put my little girl in her first cloth tomorrow - yay!

still waiting for another 5 nappies.

For those waiting for IBs- i emailed them on Friday asking about where they were and had quite a long email back about how busy they were after last Sunday's release of the LEs she said they had 3 or 4 weeks work - she's got some helpers but still totally over the top busy - they seem to be getting them out still in good time, just not able to keep up with emailing the advices out. They are so gorgeous naps!

BG - yay at geeting hubby and fluff home tonight - great combo!

off to get them on the line and catch the last few hours of sun! porro courier having to work today as it's a bank holiday here in WA!

Julie x

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

unfortunatly no fluff here...although my cowboy MnM has been posted cannot wait!!!!

sick lil man...on medication from Dr....not been a well little mite all day...

question....do cough mixtures cause staining???

Add Daffodil Mumma on Facebook

May 2008
    Rural NSW

Hi everyone.....I hope you dont mind me jumping on in here.....

I finally got up the courage to pop DS in a cloth bum today His butt seemed sooo small in the MCN and flanny flats I have. So he has been in prefolds and covers all day. And god he has been grizzly all day...I refuse to beleive DH that it has anything to do with the nappies But geez he wets thru them really quickly!!! Is that fairly normal compared to sposies?? Dont think I will be braving them at night just yet!

Looking forward to getting more involved in this whole MCN thing...and hopefully some more exciting "fluffy" mail hehehehe

Dec 2007
    Victoria

Not that I know of Kat, but I would use a liner JIC
    Hope he feels better soon!!

ETA - nice work on the cloth action helen!! YAY!!
    you should find that you will learn over time how long it takes and when and which nappies he wets through, and which work well... At such a young age though you need to change them sooo often! Which is actually a good thing - it allows you to see exactly how much output he has, which helps you monitor a number of issues when and if they pop up.
    He will get used to the different nappy soon enough So tell your DH he doesnt know what he is talking about lol
    What nappies do you have so far?

WOHB: Free range again...this girl is a nudist.

Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld

Hi Helen - welcome.

I think with a newby I was changing her prefolds about every feed - so that was every 2 hours.

Much more than a disposable user probably would - I can't honestly remember how many times I changed DS when he was in sposies!! lol

Add Daffodil Mumma on Facebook

May 2008
    Rural NSW

Wow thanks for the quick replies

LS So far I have stacks of terry flats, some flanny flats, some prefolds (now Im thinking nowhere near enough!!) and Bummis & BBH covers for them. The only MCNs I have are Widdlebumz. I keep wanting more but I start windowshopping and get so confused that I give up and figure I will decide what I want later!!! So Im hoping following this thread you guys will influence me in the right direction (hmm that could be dangerous!!! lol) Hubby just saw me fold the prefold and figures he would be grizzly with all that bulk pressing on his "bits" too

Arimeh I just managed to get 2 hours while he slept, before that he only lasted about an hour in the prefold. He normally feeds about every 3 hours, so i think its just thrown me a little...just a matter of getting used to it I guess

Apr 2008
    in love. lots of it.

kat - check the ingredients for sorbitol. I think that's what causes the stains like panadol. It's in most cherry flavoured stuff.

yay BG! Fluff and DH home together. Hope you get a dryer sorted ASAP!

welcome Helen! Totally what LS and Arimeh said, and just maybe, depending on what fabric your prefolds are made of, they might need a few more washes to build up absorbency, especially if they're new (I'm guessing, since your DS is so new!) and if they're bamboo.

I got kinda fluffy mail... swim nappy and another wetbag (like I needed another one... haha!) and more BF tops for me! Early b'day pressie from DP but only after I dropped the most un-subtle hints ever! (ie. BUY THIS IN SIZE 8) LOL. Also picked up the tickets for our big trip OS, so it's really the time to start planning how to smuggle MCN with a 20kg baggage limit that I have to share between DS and I. I've got the vac bags ready to go!

WOAB: nuffing. he's on the potty, singing.

Dec 2007
    Victoria

Helen - check out Buy4Baby for some ace second hand bargains...buy one of everything you like the look of and try them out, it is the best way to find out what works for Joshua and what doesn't.
    Have a look at the Australian Nappy Network too for some nice explanation (they dont sell anything, purely advocacy group) and nappycino forum is great place to learn heaps too
    Look for specials and shop around heaps, lots of brands a sold all over the place, and prices will vary.
    The MCN stuff can be really sought after. So all in all, the golden rule is to find out what works for you and stick to it Work out what you want so you dont get sucked in to paying an arm and a leg for a nappy that doesnt suit your bubba and you have to sell anyway

I am sure that between the lot of us we can nudge you in the fluffy direction lol

Mar 2007
    Paradise

We finally got a space for both girls with the same carer at FDC!!! I spoke to her this arvo after doing the enrollment paperwork for the FDC admin people and she is looking forward to having the fluff!! DH will go and visit her with the girls this week to see if they like her and if he is happy with her setup!! Now DH has to give the centre notice and advise them that we will pay their bill off

Anna - I am going to have to get the address for the BBH store from you to check some stuff out for the days that I am desperate, otherwise I will contact Lea once I have looked and seen what really suits Leah. I am a rather tactile person and spent ages at a IRL retailer in Adelaide when we first started MCNing

Helen - Welcome!!! This thread is the fastest moving thread on the site, so I hope you don't get overwhelmed!! Bamboo is IMO the BEST nappy fabric. If your prefolds are bamboo then they may need more prewashing, or if they have had a lot of washes or had fabric softener used on them they may need a strip wash. Cotton, while it is somewhat absorbent, is nowhere near as absorbent as bamboo. There are a lot of cotton prefolds available. If you are wanting to use the cotton ones I would recommend using 2 for more absorbency. I have some cotton ones that will be used in emergencies only, or if I only need a nappy for say half an hour (the one between bath and bed for example, when I am likely to feed and get a poo).

FIL arrives at 1 on Thursday, so DH has to figure out the best way to collect him from the airport. If I could drive I would do it but driving requires more flexibility than I have, and in my car the park brake is foot operated and requires quite some leg lift!! even though DH is the one driving my car

WOEB: BumG

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2007
    Ever so slowly going crazy...

Got fluff!!!
    My rings and IB"S.. and man are they CUTE!!!
    I got cow, red dots and pink dots and they are simply beautiful....

off to see if I need anything from a certain stocking tonight, not that I ever win one anyway.. I'm too slooowwww.....

Jan 2008
    SE suburbs, Vic

Maz - Sorry I havent replied earlier, had no net since Friday. The sit with all the cow print stuff was bay bee cino

Dec 2005
    not with crazy people

Maz - Sorry I havent replied earlier, had no net since Friday. The sit with all the cow print stuff was bay bee cino
    I could kiss you to death babe.... oh and that 'party' your having can you send me a catalogue or something???????

:wave: hello Helen welcome to the wonderful madhouse of love, enabling and fluffy goodness

Ali - that is wonderful knews about FDC hon

IB's are all washed and dried (oh dame...dried in the dryer )

nana sorry its late

Kat - be careful if antibiotics...they can make cloth go funky shades or red and even black with left to long as Sammi and I have both had.

:WAVE: Hello my fellow fluffy worshippers

Be kind to your wallets yeah right hahahahahahhaahahah

Sep 2008
    South West Sydney, NSW

My oh my this thread flies!

my ittis still haven't arrived... ringing AP again tomorrow

Jan 2005
    Down by the ocean

Hi Helen and welcome Are you using liners with the prefolds? That might help him feel dryer if it is them that is making him grizzly.

Ali that's great news about getting the girls into the same FDC and that she's keen on cloth!

grrrrrr - not happy. how can i be expected to not use the dryer in this weather when using cloth? grrrrr
    because I have a monstrous stash I don't need to use the dryer Any excuse to buy more I guess! I'd rather spend money of fluff than a power bill.

Talking of stashes I got my itti fluff today I'm kind of feeling a tad sad I upsized to mediums cos she won't be wearing them for a little while. Oh well the way she's going it won't be too much longer *sigh*

I also received my special Gigi parcel. Thanks *mwa*.

Ruby had a blowout from the top of her starbunz piggy pocket tonight. It was a turbo powered one that's been about 4 days building up so I don't think much would have contained that one

Dec 2006
    In my own private paradise

because I have a monstrous stash I don't need to use the dryer Any excuse to buy more I guess! I'd rather spend money of fluff than a power bill.

i'm so with you on this Sam! but i think i'm also trying to be realistic (very rare for me) that i need to be able to get stuff done when i'm home alone with no one to help carry the load (or at least hold the girl while i do it!) - i hate using the dryer with a passion - NONE of my clothes go in the dryer (actually, we only use it for towels and stinky cow poo clothes that need to be ready in a hurry for DH to go back to work - AFTER they're not stinky anymore!)

i'm trying so hard to be a good girl and not buy anymore fluff for a whle (at least til i work out what works for the Gremlin...) - it's not working though...

Mar 2007
    Paradise

BG hun, get a good carrier. I had to learn to do it all with someone attached when Em was little.

Dec 2005
    not with crazy people

Sam is my enabler...I totally blame her for my addiction

BG - have alook in that bag that Mr C is bringing home...I found that the best thing to have and still have my hands IFYKWIM

Dec 2006
    In my own private paradise

i think there are a LOT of enablers in this here thread!!

i have a hab, a mei tai, and whatever it is that miss Mazzie has sent home with DH (would be good if he were home, not a km away unhooking his trailers about now though!) so i'm srue that part will be covered - i think my big issue (and something i've been denying for this whole pg) is that i'm still suffering from chronic fatigue that was diagnosed last year a few months (maybe 6) before i fell pg. IF i find that i'm struggling with the fatigue, when i wash, it won't be as often as i want it to be, so i may have to pop some nappies in the dryer to get me through. not sure though... ah well - will have to get a dryer for the man's work stuff anyway - and my redundancy payment came through EARLY (well, not really, it's been four years in the waiting!) so we can go shopping in next couple of days! yay!

i can also pay off two layby's that i have on and will get more fluff at home - noice!

1234513 ...