Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #187

Default Cloth Nappies #187

This thread is for you to share your experiences with different cloth nappies.

Your moderating/admin team for this forum are:

Christy
    ~Raven~
    Tanya
    suse

You can find their email addresses here.

New to this section? Please read our Cloth Nappy Forum Guidelines HERE

For basic cloth nappy information, please checkout the Help for New Users sticky.

If you wish to subscribe only without posting you may do so via the Thread Tools at the top of the page.

Continuing on from http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...s-186-a-9.html

ooh new thread!!

Tank didnt do number 2's for 2 days and of course we plan on going out last night and he fill's 2 nappies in a row ....at dinner we smell a familiar smell and when we got home it was half up his back, then he goes and does another whopper in his night nappy I cant believe how much there was!!! blahhhhhh

Lets hope today is a slow poo day :fingercross:

oh hai!

maz - I remember dealing with a poo backlog when I was nannying. It was everywhere, this kid who wouldn't poo at childcare, where she was for two days in a row before I had her. So every Wednesday, WHAM! Grosssssssss. Your new ticker is uber cute.

I am inches off making some prefolds, and the only thing holding me back is deciding what combos of fabric to use. I have a boatload of bamboo to use, but it's not snappi-able. So was thinking about putting some terry on there for snappis - maybe in a sort of "T" configuration on the back? That way the folded in bits that touch the but would still be nice absorbent stuff, but there's still plenty of snappi-space. Perfect for DH, a total nappy noob.

This has become particularly important after using some Coles nappy pins through the week on the baby dolls at work - they are wearing face washers as nappies at the moment, and pinning is just such a pain in the hole! Although maybe it's the cheapo pins, I dunno.

on the nappies that cant have snappis im just gonna fold them on coz the cover should be snug enough to keep it in place at the moment with DS i use the pad fold put it in a cover then put it on him

WOJB: CGR raspberry monkeys its my fav nappy =]

ooooo new cloth nappy thread

i am waiting on a GF layby i am nearly finished paying off can't wait for some more weeny NB fluff

Quote Originally Posted by JwithJ View Post
    on the nappies that cant have snappis im just gonna fold them on coz the cover should be snug enough to keep it in place at the moment with DS i use the pad fold put it in a cover then put it on him
    So that works? Awesome. Was sort of wondering if it might. So in that case I might do just bamboo inner with flanno backing.

I'm also knocking up some cloth wipes at the moment, out of whatever bits and pieces I can find...

OMG Kat were have I been living (under a rock) your on IVF number 2 OMG OMG OMG hon...Im so happy that its now for you.

Just be careful with just popping on the prefold with a cover...I did that and the whole dame thing fell of and yepa...poo everywere mind you I mustnt have had the cover on tight and chicken legs dont help (fat rools keep covers and nappies in place )

Prewashing bamboo today so I can make some more trifolds for tanks nappies....its working so much better for us

WOMB - elephant auriel

Quote Originally Posted by Audax View Post
    So that works? Awesome. Was sort of wondering if it might. So in that case I might do just bamboo inner with flanno backing.
    You would be able to use snappis if you use flannel though wouldn't you? I think that would work well, with the inner third being bamboo for the absorbency.

I need more wipes too. There will be no more nappy action here till mid September when I finish my placement (which starts tomorrow). I've bought a dozen fitteds and 1/2 dozen flats second hand and I think that will be enough (along with current stash). Will inventory in Sept and start sewing then as I'll have more spare time.

**Todays fluffy mail**
    3 little kissaluv fitteds (green, peach & yellow)... they are so little! And soft

Urgh! Need to stop checking that facebook page! Dont need anymore nappies yet i find myself getting more!

WOSB - BBH magic all

we got our first auriel today almost brand new and im annoyed coz now i want more lol they fit so nice on Jamie and the size 2 fits on the smallest setting so it will last a while they look so big in pics but they are so trim not to mention cute lol

from now im only going to pay off my maz order and buy some baby safari nappies for more work horses thy are only $15 at the moment score the only other nappies i want to get now are some petites for #2 and to try them on Jamie

had to do a strip wash yesterday and so far its worked wonders he was out peeing a nappy in less than an hour for 2 days not fun when u run out of pants

WOJB: brown minky tattoo auriel
    Last edited by *TripleJ*; July 12th, 2010 at 03:05 PM.

i just got a bargain!!! 2 brand new never used bbh hemp fitted nappies for $17 each!!!! so excited!!! a girl on fb was selling them. going to pick them up tomorrow.

WOHB - pea pod with booster for night time.

Hope it's okay to post this here - there is a babybeehinds sale 20% off at the moment - you just need to enter luvyabeehinds in the discount code. Ends at 9pm.

i went and picked up my new bbh hemp nappies today. the girl had found another hemp nappy by the time i got there plus also had 2 dyed hemp ones. i could only afford the first 2 today but told her if she cant sell them then let me know and i will come back and grab them!!! she was sooo nice. she gave me a bum g and haute pocket to try for free also. the bum g looks like its never been used. it came with a microfibre insert. how absorbant is that? or should i use a bamboo insert in it? also the inserts that came with the haute doesnt say whether its bamboo or microfibre. does anyone know?

WOHB - pea pod.

still on the teaching contract roundabout

Quote Originally Posted by teresa View Post
    the bum g looks like its never been used. it came with a microfibre insert. how absorbant is that? or should i use a bamboo insert in it?
    I recommend switching to a bamboo insert with for the BumG - mircofibre is absorbant but no where near as much as bamboo - you'll need to change nappy before too long if you use the mircofibre one only.

thanks leckert

ah ive finally got around to posting again! atm im being uber slack & still using mainly sposies, cloth has seemed too hard.
    BUT i am going to be motivated as of tomorrow. but wondering how u guys manage/d night changes? do u keep the nappy bucket in the bedroom/bathroom or something rather than going thru a freezing house to the laundry?

Fluffy mail!! 2 gorgeous beetlebum applique pockets!!! Of course Laa christened one straight away (seriously, HOW do they know?!)

WOHB - Beetlebum pocket

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast