Thread: I can't believe I have gone 3 days without a disposable

Default I can't believe I have gone 3 days without a disposable

except at night. Can't hurry these things.

I have even been out 2 of those 3 days as well, and still didn't give into the convenience.

And I was able to tell just from the feel/look when a change was required. Now I just have to convince DH that it isn't that hard to deal with when out (maybe tomorrow when we are heading into the city for the day).

Now for a bit of advice, I was reading in another thread that if I have AI2's I can replace the absorber/booster if only wet. Am assuming that if the lining and shell don't feel wet, then this is when you could get a '2nd wear' from the nappy by replacing the abosorbers, or is this not recommended?

Woohoo... Congratulations. It really isn't as daunting as it sounds is it?!

With the AI2's - You can basically alternate with 2 shells over a day, airing the used shell in between changes. So start with shell #1, when you change it put the boosters in the bucket for washing, put the shell for airing, then put on shell #2 (and new booster), then with your next change you can use shell #1 again but with a new booster and so on - until soiled or just in need of a wash.

I hope that makes some kind of sense Good Luck! It really is the easiest way once you get the hang of it!

Yayyyyyyyyyyy Heather that is excellent!!!! I'm so proud of you!!!

And what DD said. Unless you have so many in your stash that you just don't need to do that.. LOL

Makes for less washing Mel or rather for me the problem is space on the line/ not enough pegs

Thanks...

And DD, your explanation made a lot of sense..

Mel - maybe another order coming your way soon Just gotta juggle some figures before we go o/s..

Sounds good to me!! lol

DD - yeah I can see your point - I have two clothes horse things inside that I use - and an absolute crapload of pegs.... I'm prepared... lol

WOO HOOO - well done! It such an invigorating feeling isnt it

soon you'll be doing the night time nappy thing aswell and wondered why you waited.

well done

Yay, I've been going for a week tomorrow!

Maybe I'm just a little weird Mel, I will only use every 2nd row on the line... to allow extra air flow (I do it with clothes to)

I must buy more pegs... writing it on the shopping list now!

I agree Maz, night nappies are even easier than day nappies IMO. I love my BBB and it lasts for Matildas 12-14 hours sleep and she never poos in it... perfect!

Congratulations Skye

well done on being sposie free!