Thread: I need different nappies!!

Default I need different nappies!!

We have been using successfully using Itti Bitti nappies up until now. But I am guessing that now my DS is almost two his wee force is so much stronger that I am finding that the nappy doesn't soak up quick enough and we get leakage out the top (presumably because of the low rise). I have put some of my other nappies on him but because they have wider crotches he has been getting some pretty mean chafing.

So, I need some other recommendations to try for him. Preferably AIO, and no fitteds and covers. DH will refuse to use them! They need to be reasonably narrow in the crotch, and not too low rise. But at the same time he has a bit of a buddha belly so it can't be too high either because then his belly just pushes the nappy down and we get leg and waist gape - then the wee goes everywhere!!!

I hope someone has some suggestions because otherwise I will have to resort to sposies for the rest of his nappy days

hmm have you tried monkey doodlez? theyre narrow in the crotch, dont know how they'd go with pee force though, might just be a trial and error thing i think.
    Good luck though hun
    xxx

Have you tried Green Kids? I find them fairly narrow in the crotch (for older children) and the bamboo inserts are really absorbent.

Skybie - I haven't tried MDs since he was a newborn, wasn't sure about their soaking capabilities. Anyone else know?

Meow - GKs are some of the other nappies we have which are causing the chafing. I like a inserts, but the nappy shells are just not working for us - that includes the minky ones and the poly/cotton ones

Genessa Forge!!!!!!!

Cushie Tushie's??

Clover - Cushie Tushies don't seem to fit properly - can't put my finger on what exactly, but just don't seem to work well for us.

Kitt3n - I've looked at the GF site before, mainly for night nappies, but I always just get so overwhelmed I don't know where to start. Any guidance?

I would try something that has a microfibre layer and then bamboo. Microfibre soaks the wee up quicker than bamboo but the bamboo holds more so then it soaks through and into the bamboo iykwim.

Genesa Forge have a microfibre layer. Have you tried the itti bitti snap in micro boosters, I think that's what they're called. I haven't tried them but I know they're microfibre. Although they would go under a bamboo layer, not on top so probably wouldn't help.

We use BBHs and have never had any issues with leakage, there are the petite slim fitting ones available but they are AI2s.

Quote Originally Posted by MummyTummy View Post
    Clover - Cushie Tushies don't seem to fit properly - can't put my finger on what exactly, but just don't seem to work well for us.

Kitt3n - I've looked at the GF site before, mainly for night nappies, but I always just get so overwhelmed I don't know where to start. Any guidance?
    Cushie Tushies hardly work well for anyone LOL

As for the GF's - honestly, I think most people get overwhlmed by her website set up. Email her hun, Nikki is lovely and will help you with eactly what you want. Personally I get an extra snap on her side snappers and velour topped boosters (just regular microfleece inners) - depending on what you are after her nappies range from the best of value for money, up to completely luscious extravagance! Plus, she has a buy 6 get the 7th free deal