Thread: I want to start using MCN's but don't know where to start!!

Red face I want to start using MCN's but don't know where to start!!

Okay I am wanting to start using MCN's on our next bub due in Sept and also on our DS cause he won't be toilet trained by then (he cries when I even try!!). Will it be worth while on our money pocket with 2 kiddies in MCN's??

I am hoping to use AIO's that way I can use them on both without having to wait for this bub to grow into them so to speak....Is that possible though??

So what I was after was basically a list of what I need to get myself started for both kids...

Also I would love a recommendation on a nappy bag that I can use for both kiddies??

TIA ladies!! Muchly appreciated.

Try the following thread:

http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/clot...new-users.html

It has most of your questions answered and then some
    good luck!

Expect to be overwhelmed - there is a lot of information in that thread to take in all at once.

Welcome to the wonderful, highly addictive - world of cloth

i have started now amelia

i bought some cushie tushies off arimeh and have out lachlan in one tonight. they are so sweet
    i have gone for one size fits all, dont need covers, come with inserts nappies.

i know for sure that
    bumgenius and cushie tushies do this and i am sure heaps of other places.....

Hi,

Yes cloth will definitely be worth your money, you can see the figures on the Australian Nappy network site but I think it's about $1000 per year per child.

If you want to use the same nappies on both kids then go for one size fits all or OSFA/OS nappies, these adjust (usually with snaps) from birth to toilet training.

It's good to try a range of differnt types and brands, some pockets, some all in ones, some fitteds and covers and see what you like best and what fits your kids best.

Have fun!!!!

Just a quick tip, I have recently bought my first OSFA with snaps and have found they don't work for us because of DD's chubby thighs - the lower rows of snaps rub on them. If your kids are cuddly, and that's the road you want to go, I would recommend only getting one of that kind at first to see if you have the same problem.