Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IF I was to give it a go what would I need?

Just sneaking onto this thread, we are thinking about going cloth this time - even DH is "prepared to look into it" which in his language is "if I don't have to change anything I do and you do all the washing I'll agree"! (i do it anyway - it is the only household chore i do do!)

Thanks for all the tips about finding secondhand stuff, and to steer away from ebay. One question: is there that much more washing???

Ryatha,

I have 2 in full time cloth and I do a load (and not even a full washing machine load) every 2nd day. So I do it one night, then rinse the next night and hang it out (then I do a load of clothes, rinse it the next night - hang it out) so I always rinse and then wash something of a night time when the kids are in bed. Takes about 10 minutes for me to hang them on the line inside (I just use a couple of clothes horses - and then put them outside in the morning on sunny days!)

So no - not really that much extra washing - once every 2nd day is alright I reckon.

Kate - I can't find your PM honey?

i hope you don't mind if i do a mini hijack - but it seems better than starting a new thread

i'm planning to go with the cloth option & i've started buying a few mcns but i've come to a bit of a halt because i'm not sure whether i'm charging off in the right direction!

i'm trying to be realistic and am thinking i will probably use sposies or both sposies & mcn for a couple of weeks at the start till i get myself sorted out & into a bit of a routine at home.

so far i've bought:

3 x cushie tushie aio
    6 x small itti bitti d'lish
    3 x kissaluvs fitted (size 0) + cover

but now i'm not sure what to do next...i got the fitteds because from reading here & on nappycino it sounds like they're great for NBs (& i don't think i'll be a flats girl!) but now i'm wondering whether i should stop & wait to see what shape bubs is to establish which style will be the best fit or whether i should keep on building up the stash & maybe try some other brands/styles as well to build up the stash while i still have a salary & save some extra costs further down the track.

if anyone could suggest where to from here, i'd be very appreciative

Sent you another PM Mel.. if this one doesnt work Ill send on FB.

Got it Kate

Sloane - if you are unsure (and I can see why cos I didn't start buying until my first kid was around 14 months old, so I could see what shape he was!) then just put some money away in a bank account just for MCN's - what you would be spending now on them - and then when the time comes, you already have the money put aside for them, and you will know which ones to buy.

now why didn't i think of that?! silly mushy brain! i'll just keep stalking your site in case i feel the need spend spend spend!

Fair enough

i just found the eco bubs. i really love the sound/look of them. oh boy!

Yeah I love ecobubs - the medium is still a little big for DD (but she doesn't have really chunky legs or anything) but both the medium and large fit DS (he's 27.5 months and 14kg) so I'm getting my monies worth out of them!!!!

Sloane - If you are not put off by using second hand nappies, you could go onto Buyforbaby and look at some second hand. That is a cheap way of figuring out the styles that fit your bub and then you can buy the ones that work brand new in bulk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12