Thread: Just wondering why?

Default Just wondering why?

I am still new at the MCN thing and finding my way!!!

My supply is nearly stocked up but just still waiting on Arimeh's SnoozyWuns to come in as I need a good night nappy!! Hurry up with that Mel....xoxoxxo

I have wanted to but in the cloth thread and introduce myself as love the way you all chat about everyday stuff and more importantly nappies!!!!! But I just watch from the sidelines and try and learn!! Also I'm not online everyday so I would just loose the flow as you guys chat away soo quickly!!!!

I have a question though.....from my research and purchases why are all major cloth nappie producers and sellers in queensland??

Being a Victorian I am really dissapointed there is hardly anyone down here as a stockist!

There's TheWeeWuns and DarlingsDownunder in Victoria. They're more supermarket type online stores though. Mandy Macs are in Vic I think, as do Mazalicious covers.

Maybe more people use cloth in Qland because they have better drying weather? Not sure.

There are a few down there babe, the weewuns are down there and someone else that I can't remember who!!!

There are heaps of them around though

Do a google search for cloth nappies and melbourne and you should get some hints. I'm sure some melbourne chickies will come in and tell you the other one that I can't think of.. is it darlings downunder? could be?

Ahhh snap Nelle - knew you would know for sure!!!

Thanks for the info guys!!!
    I will do a google search and see what it brings up!!!

Nelle: I thought the drying thing might be the issue..I am about to purchase a good dryer!! Am dreading winter.................The cold nights have alreasy started

I cannot heartily recommend pocket nappies enough for Melbourne weather! Dryers can fudge your elastic and PUL if you use the dryer too much, but you can throw inserts in there no worries - so the shell of your pocket nappy will dry quickly, and then you can finish drying inserts in the dryer!

Yup totally second the pockets too!!
    I used to be in Lara (LOL where were you when i had no friends down there? ) and pockets were the way to go. My BG and HH used to dry in a flahs in front of the heater, and now that we have a dryer up here i can have a new nappy ready to go in half an hour if the weather is dodge.

Yep another pocket fan here. I have extra inserts, the outers of the pockets dry in a day (or less) but the inserts (the bamboo ones, my favourites) can take two days to dry, so they get rotated onto the clothes horse inside to finish off after a day on the line outside.

Yep definitely a pocket fan here too - extra inserts are also great as the covers dry quickly and then you have extra inserts while the others are drying.