Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Dad's cloth nappy adventures

Talking My Dad's cloth nappy adventures

My mum was working yesterday, so my Dad looked after Natalie while I went to the physio. I wasn't thinking and forgot to leave out a pocket for him to change her into, and I was gone a lot longer than I'd expected. Of course, she had a pooey nappy which he generously looked after for me - washed out the liner, mopped up the nappy (what a guy!). When I arrived home, she was asleep in his arms, her shorts we saturated and his t-shirt was too. He said, 'I got one of those purple liners and put it inside one of those nappies from the pile in her cupboard...' I replied, 'Great, Dad. Thanks so much. Sorry you have wee all over you...' and I tried not to laugh as I looked up her shorts and saw he'd only put a fleece cover on her and no nappy (but he remembered to put a liner in!). Bless him. He gave it a go

Awww yay Dad!

That is soooooo sweet! Wee everywhere and a happy baby too.
    I'm impressed he even gave it a try. Onya dad!

Oh that is soooo cute!!!! WTG dad for having a go - PMSL at the wee on both of them!!

Aww nice work dad!! At least he tried.

WTG dad !!! what a star !! so nice to hear that ..... did you show him for next time ?!!

how cute!! she obviously wasnt to fased by no nappy!!!

WTG dad, its great he had a go

Enchanted Guest

Awwww.... that is so gorgeous!

for Dad's

Goood on him! How cute

hehe he's a fantastic granddad. Have you given him a little lesson so he doesn't get peed on next time?

Thanks so funny, but I agree, what a dad. That is just so sweet.

What a wonderful dad / granddad. I think Santa needs to leave him a something extra in his stocking this coming week!

He he. I know, he's a champ... It was unexpected because he's one of those Grandfathers that gives baby to Grandma as soon as she starts to cry
    I didn't teach him... I'll just be sure to leave a few out ready for next time (if there is a next time, LOL!) as my nappy stash is... um... eclectic and DH is still struggling to get things right

YAY Poppy.!! What a good try he did.

My dad would have no idea when it comes to these MCN's. Flat's I "think" he'd be ok with and sposies he's fine with.

LOL Trish, I was saying to myself, surely I was in cloth when I was a baby... But then, he probably never changed my nappy PMSL!

My DP took off a MCN the other night. He replaced it with a sposie though. LOL. It's a start I guess.

Way to go Amy's dad!! Thats just so cute!!

thats so cute ... my dad is a tech man i am sure he would pull it apart and work out how it all works (he does have young kids though) he rolled his eyes when we put T in flats saying what a waste of time it was
    my mum on the other hand looked after T and put a sposie on back to front
    then there was jades mum who decided T was ready to be toilet trained at 15 months when she looked after him for the night ... i came home to a huge pile of wet and pooey pants wet patches n all the chairs and allover the floor and his carseat !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast