Thread: Night nappy issues continue.... any other ideas?

Default Night nappy issues continue.... any other ideas?

We are really struggling with night nappies still. For awhile there we found a solution with a bbh night nappy with a bit of extra boosting or a bbh multifit with two extra boosters in it would work really well but now we are back to sodden clothes and bedding every morning. Sposies dont work, if anything they are worse and i cant boost the nappy anymore as it gets too bulky and sticks out at the front which is worse as his pj's sit against the wet part of the nappy and soak it all up.

Is there anything else that anyone can think of that may work for us? Im at a loss.

What other nappies have you tried?
    Maz's and wild child night nappies are good for heavy wetters.
    And what kind of cover do you use?

This cold weather drives me nuts - DS definitely pees more at night over winter. Anyway we are using cloth part time and sposies part time and what works for us (not all but most nights is either a Huggies or GK first then a pull up in a big size (I think I have the Aldi ones now) over the top. Sometimes he is still goes through both but for most part it works well. Good luck working it out.

For a while the GF super super nights worked here. And Fluffy Bubs were almost always a success with one child, but not the others.

We're in sposies now, it helps the girls stop getting so many rashes if they aren't in cloth full time, plus we have better success with Huggies overnight for DD1 and the coles gumnut brand for DD2.

The only ones that worked for us were Abby Gro and Maz-a-licious night nappies. Ive never had a leak in either of those.

I gave up on cloth for night time, I have found the coles gumnut brand of sposies the best for DD at night. She sleeps average of 13-14 hours every night and does not wake up if she is wet. I have never had a leak with the sposies (so far anyway). Although I hate using sposies, it is better then her getting soaked everynight.

I had no luck with BBH's at night time, so we do sposies now at night.

But in saying that - I might give Maz's brand a crack

I've never used the BBH night nappy, but I find their day nappies are not too good for heavy wetters, so maybe somethign else would be better.

when we had leakage issues with the bbh night we needed to go up a size and that fixed the issue~!
    my miss wakes up damp in her GF and shes not a heavy wetter

Thanks for the replies guys.

Marcellus: We have used maz night nappies, he still wees through those also. We are using the BBH PUL covers which seem to leave him with huge red marks all around his legs so something isn't agreeing with him. We use the BBH multi fits during the day and have found these to be the best nappies for ds and up until a week ago a multifit with a couple of more boosters was enough to keep him dry but not anymore.

Tanstar: I really wanted to avoid using sposies overnight as they are worse than the cloth for leaks (we use huggies) but i might need to try the pull up over the top. I agree that he wees so much more in winter.

Arimeh's eden: We are having huge issues with nappy rash here too with cloth for some reason as well so if he didn't wet through the sposie i would use it overnight again.

Skybie: We are on the large for the night nappy already so there is no where to go!!!

I cant believe how much this kid can pee!! Tonight we gave him a bath an hour and a half earlier than usual so that he had some time to pee out the bath water he loves to drink so hopefully he wont be sodden tomorrow. We seem to be getting alot of nappy rash too and the only way i can clear it up is to put him in a sposie for a couple of days. No sooner have i put a cloth nappy back on the rash is back too. Its so frustrating as we never had these issues before with the rash.

Would definitely recommend switching to a wool cover (not the BBH one, as the elastic tends to leave marks on legs too), you'll get more 'wear' out of your nappies that way as they breathe and evaporate some of the moisture.
    I'm impressed at your kid's wetting abilities! I thought DS was bad.

My DD was wetting thru overnight... we switched to a Bamboozle (Tots Bots) with a terry flat nappy booster (yep the whole flat nappy...) and a Tots Bots PUL cover.

GL... it is so frustrating, isn't it??

Was going to suggest a maz one as well i also use a heavy wetters sandman and with some longies and never had a leak