Thread: Ok i have bought some cloth- now what????

Default Ok i have bought some cloth- now what????

Hi there!!

Long time sposie user here- i have a three week old DD and in hospital they supplied flat cloth to use- since being home DD has aquired a not so nice nappy rash- so i have bought a dozen flat cloth nappies to have a go...

SO.... when i wash them- do i need to do anything special- use any special stuff or will my baby sensitive washing liquid do? do i need to soak them first if they are just wee'd on or only poo-ey ones???

Any tips on covers or liners or the like???

TIA!!!

First question: what have you bought?

Depending on what you've bought will depend on the washing style.

ETA: ooops, missed the part where you said you bought flats lol. So, what Mel said

Hey congrats again on your little baby girl!!!! so exciting!

Enjoy the cloth, MCN's are the best!!! You will love them.

(ps its Renstar).

Ok so you've got flats? No need to soak them, I never do, I just dry pail them and then wash them. However, I have 2 in cloth so I do a load every day. If you only have the one in cloth it might work out that you do it every 2 days.

No special liquid, I actually don't use any liquid, just a bit of canestan rinse. The sun will fade out the stains for you.

As for covers - I like maz covers and motherease rikki covers the best.

Thanks ladies!!

Thanks Jodi.. yeah some funky coloured flats!!!

Shanti... HHHEEELLLLOOOOOO!!! I knew you must have still been around here somewhere with a new name Great to "see" you again!!!

Mel... Thanks dearie!! Where do i buy canestan rinse???? I'm not sure if she will go full time just yet coz she has lovely habits of poo-ing almost as soon as i change her lol so we go through the nappies!!!

Now i just have to wait for my new washing machine to arrive tomorrow and get through the 20 loads of washing i have and i will start the cloth!!!!

Canestan you can get from the supermarket - just in the washing liquid section, usually right next to the dettol rinse. Our woolies here has it on the bottom shelf.

I second the Canesten liquid. I even use it on DH's socks to reduce the bacteria/smell.