Thread: one size fits most MCNs...which ones?

Default one size fits most MCNs...which ones?

I'm on the hunt for some new multi fit MCNs for DS, we've got all BBHs and Happy Heinys at the moment. Would like to get a feel for what else it around, love the BBHs and they work well for DS but are pretty pricey so thought I would shop around before buying more. I've only ever used pockets, are one size AIOs good?

This is my criteria:
    - size adjustable (I want them to last all the way through to TT)
    - bamboo or hemp absorbent layers/boosters
    - pocket or AIO (don't want to use a cover)
    - good for skinny bubs

Would love some feedback on cushie tushies, green kids, swaddle bees or blueberrys. Or if anyone can recommend another brand it would be very much appreciated There are so many brands out there and I'm thoroughly confuzzled!
    TIA
    Last edited by allycat06; July 3rd, 2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

The Swaddlebees pocket OSFM are quite narrow in the crotch, they worked well for us, and you can stuff them with which every fabric you want.
    We also had Bum Genius OSFM pockets, which are a little wider in the crotch, but also worked very well and fitted Charlotte fabulously (she is tall and skinny)
    They come with microfibre inserts, but you can also use any other boosters, or trifolds.

The MiniLala has worked really well for us. They are not too bulky in the crotch, and the front has adjustable snaps to shorten the rise. These have become my favourite OSFM.
    The other OSFM that I really like was the Bubba Moo. However I got these when DH was around 5kg, so not sure how they would have worked when she was smaller as the front folds down (like the CT & GK) and snaps. Because these are so trim, they have been wonderful.
    I've got CT and GK - they are both OK now, but no good in the smaller days (at least for us). I'd also stay away from the CT seconds that get sold on ebay. I got a few of these and all seem to have either too much elastic in the legs, or elastic that has been stretched too far so they don't pull in nicely around the legs and have a LOT of leg gape. We didn't attempt using the GK until DH was taller as they are velcro, and the front folds down. She needed a lower rise nappy, but when folded down, the hooks don't have anything to grab onto (I hope this makes sense). They do work OK now.

I don't NEED any more nappies, however if I did, the first 2 I'd look at now would be the MiniLala or Bubba Moo.

We have the bbh multifits here as our staple mcn, cant fault them. I just usually waited till they were on sale and bought them in bulk. We have CT also and i really dislike them. DS always wees out of them and they are falling to pieces even though we hardly ever use them. Not a fan at all.

Thanks for the replies laydees
    will be researching all your suggestions

Dragonfly Magic are fantastic They are a little bulky on the smaller baby but we've been using them since R was 4 months (I think...not too sure as memory is fuzzy) and they are still going strong and she's 20mths. The only thing that might not work is that if you have a super chunker because they are a tad narrow in the crotch. They are an AI2 and the design is unique in that they have a clever use of elastic so they gather up snug on the legs and as bub grows they just go with them.

I have also been using blueberry pockets since R was 6 weeks old!

I've used Green Kids, Bumgenius & Happy Heiny OSFM from birth. Bumgenius were the best from a small size. All have worked well for us with a skinny legged boy. I also have Blueberries and love them. My fave are Green Kids though because they work so well and have never once failed us. The funtimes are useless though due to wicking. My son is a big 2.25 year old and he still has some room to go in these nappies so I think they'll all get us there. I think he'll be a late TTer though so being a big boy and late might push it a bit... we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by meow View Post
    The funtimes are useless though due to wicking.
    Oh bummer, those were the ones I was looking at. The designs were cute. What kind of inserts do the Green Kids come with?

I only have a couple of the funtimes and I just use them for day sleeps, or short periods (such as when I know bedtime is coming up). The minkytimes are good and you can get some patterns on them. Green Kids come with hemp or bamboo inserts so they will last a long time/take heavy wetting. I much prefer the bamboo as my son's pee makes the hemp smell and they're also not as absorbent.