Thread: Stupid question about poo (particularly explosions)

Default Stupid question about poo (particularly explosions)

Hi everyone,

I just had a query about newborn "pooplosions", how long do these explosions go on for? Until they are on
    solids? Does the poo change from newborn to a baby 4months old? You may be wondering why I'm asking?

I just wanted to make sure I had the right sized covers to last the explosion period. I have some newborn
    sized ones but I wanted to know whether I should buy some smalls (or even mediums).

Thanks!

Vo

I can't remember exactly when the pooplosions (lol) stopped but it was way before 4 months.
    I think it was just the first couple of weeks. Maybe buy some smalls just in case bubs is a bit bigger though. My DS would never have fitted a newborn due to his fat chunky thighs!

I think it can be up till they start solids, or not, depending on the baby. DS started going longer between poos from 3 months, so they got quite serious volume-wise. But then back to every day or two once he started eating food.
    I'd go mediums, they'll last longer.

Good point Marcellus - solids is when it became more formed.
    I just meant when it stopped bursting outta there lol!

We were still having explosions here at 4 months. For us, it was a relatively common occurrence until they started solids.

Thanks everyone!