Thread: Want some MCN's for my newborn.... what should I do??

Question Want some MCN's for my newborn.... what should I do??

Hi,

Before DD was born, I bought some BBH's and some Peapods. The Peapods are S & M sizes and waaaay too big for her little bum at this stage..... she's only 4.14kg. I also have BBH's but only one in newborn size. I have heaps of fitteds with covers (bamboo & hemp) and AIO's but they are small size. None fit her. they are too big!!! She's a very lean bub.

Should I just keep using disposables and the 1 x newborn AIO that i have OR should I invest in some more newborn sized nappies?? I want to get her in cloth now but am worried if i spend money on a few newborn nappies she'll outgrow them really soon!!!

I'm sure I *could* put her in the peapods and BBH's that i have but they just seem way too big for her.... I like a trimmer fit for a newborn.

What would you do?

Its a tough descicion babe! We had Ds in sposies till he was about 3 months I think. My friend used cloth on here neborn twins, I gave her BumGs swaddlebees and BBH fitted.

I am wnodering the same thing for when this next bub comes along? What about terry flats? I havent used them but might this time!

Hopefully someone who is wiser will come in and help

hun, laaaa was out of her NB sized stuff very very quickly - in another week or two i am sure you will get her into smalls

Maybe I should just wait couple more weeks then I just feel so bad for the environment all these nappies going in the bin!!! Just such a waste.... and they aren't nearly as cute as MCNs are they!

I'll just have to keep washing the newborn AIO (BBH) i have!! I just don't want to buy another few more only to find she outgrows them after only 4-5 times use or so!

As for terry flats... how do you even fold them?? Is there a website I can look at? I know it's probably very basic..... haha!! I have cute fleece covers to go over them.
    Just need to buy snappi's.

yeah I think there is a UK site - the nappy lady or something - heaps of folds on there.
    You could always buy the bumg's AIO's the smalls did Miss M for 6 months! She's only just out of them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimeh View Post
    yeah I think there is a UK site - the nappy lady or something - heaps of folds on there.
    You could always buy the bumg's AIO's the smalls did Miss M for 6 months! She's only just out of them now.
    The BumG's AIO's sound good.... where is the best place to buy these from Mel? I do want to buy some BumG's so maybe I should invest in say, 6 of them? Size S.
    Did the Size Small fit your DD at 1mth?
    S'pose I can always sell them if they aren't right huh?! What's the return on them like?

Return is pretty good, especially if they are in excellent condition.

You could try nurture nappies? And yeah she could fit into smalls from one month. Same as the small monkey doodlez. She's a skinny little thing though - long and lean.

I didn't have many nb nappies for DS either, I had a few whizz kidz nb fitteds and would really recommend them cause I only paid $10 for them BUT I had a look the other day and her store is closed atm. Not sure when she'll have more in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimeh View Post
    Return is pretty good, especially if they are in excellent condition.

You could try nurture nappies? And yeah she could fit into smalls from one month. Same as the small monkey doodlez. She's a skinny little thing though - long and lean.

so is my DD! She's so long and lean.... surprising actually considering DH and I aren't the smallest people around.... haha
    OK will check out nurture... thanks chick

Kitten is lending me a few of her newborn stash to try out..... thanks hun!!!!

I started with flats and Baby Beehind bamboo OSFM on the newborn setting. Also BGOS on the smallest setting. Ash was 5kg born.
    I would get some flats for home, and maybe another 2 newborn nappies for going out? If your at home flats are great at the start, they need to be changed all the time anyways so it's not hard, and they are much cheaper then buying sposies every week until she fits the other nappies you have

Check B4B maybe for some newborn ones?