Thread: Washing/drying. How to keep them soft?

Default Washing/drying. How to keep them soft?

I have a front loader washing machine and use omo powder. Our nappies/inserts get really stiff in the sun when I dry them Do you have any tips on keeping them soft?? Different washing powder? Different drying methods??

TIA

scrunch them after they are dry..... with hemp and bamboo NOTHING beats a few mins in the dryer.

I shake my inserts/nappies out before hanging them up. I know that sounds weird but it seems to help to shake 'em before they dry. It straightens them out before they dry but they're not stiff when dry. I hope that makes sense!

Are you using a really small amount of powder? I only use about a quarter or less of the scoop per full wash. I've used different powders and haven't noticed any difference between them. HTH.

I second the dryer, in summer I dry them in the sun but still put them in the dryer for 5 mins, gets them nice and fluffy

Cut down the amount of washing powder, I don't know how just bicarb would go in front loaders, can't see why it wouldn't work as it wouldn't create suds ... Stiffness is often the soap, so definately cut down the amount of detergent ...

If you can, line dry in the shade so it's not a sudden dry, this will also keep it softer. And scrunching ;D

I agree with Kaz's shake before hanging (Martha Stewart actually recommends it for teatowels ) and scrunching.
    I use bicarb for my nappies, but snap drying is the killer.