Thread: Amber teething necklace concern...

Default Amber teething necklace concern...

So after the last amber teething necklace thread, I very excitedly bought one and it arrived late last week.

But I am not really happy with it. I thought it would be smooth stones, but instead it is like little stone "chips" (like little pebbles). The edges are smoothed over, but if you put any pressure on it (like leaning on it or sleeping on it), it digs into your skin. I put it on DS and he was fine with it, except that night I noticed he had developed a blister where it had been, from the friction, edges and drool. Now I wear it on my wrist!

Just wondering, is this what all necklaces are like? Or should I search elsewhere? If so, should I try to send this one back or just cut my losses?

Also, it has a screw clasp that does not come undone if pulled on- this was obviously my mistake in not looking for the right kind, but I didn't realise!

PS- I just looked at the website I purchased it from again and what I got in the mail does NOT look like the picture. in the picture the stones are all rounded, like little balls. My necklace is definately little "chips", with pointy bits.

I am thinking I will email them....

Jack's amber necklace is smooth round balls. I would check your order receipt to make sure you didn't accidently order the wrong one and email the website and ask for an exchange.

ETA: Jacks has the plastic screw clasp but it does come undone if he pulls on it.

I would ask for another. DS necklace is smooth, but my bracelet is like how you explained yours? I dont think a bubba should have anything sharp on? email and see what they say.

Good luck!

Sounds like either you ordered the wrong one, check your reciept, or they accidentally sent the wrong one. Nothing an email can't fix if it was their mistake
    I have the chip one and haven't had any problems with it. It also is a screw clasp and doesn't undo when pulled on, but he never touches it.

Thanks all. I didn't even think about the fact they might have just sent the wrong type. I will definately contact them and let you know how it goes.

Jack has the 'rounded' balls..if thats what they are.. and a magnetic clasp...and has it on 24/7...i have noticed for afew days when i left it off..he was mr crabbypants!!!
    i hope you can resolve this

I'm hoping it gets resolved quickly too- teething has been a real problem here in the last week!

Unfortunately, the place I bought it from are not being particularly co-operative, so we are arguing the point. But I really need the necklace! Might just buy from another place, certainly won't go back to the one I bought originally from....