Thread: Anyone ever used a chiropractor for their bub?

Default Anyone ever used a chiropractor for their bub?

Just wondering if anyone has, and if so, what their experience has been. Am taking Lucie this morning after a particularly bad day of feeding yesterday. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

jaggard Guest

I have with both mine.

DD was born with a clicky hip and my chiro fixed it in 2 visits, DD has not been since.

DS was checked over and was fine so I haven't taken him back.

They do not crack anything it's more gentle massage and manipulating the muscle.

I took MAtilda for reflux and the first few times she screamed with every manipulation. I persisted and went for 3 weeks 3 times a week and I can't honestly say I noticed any change in her, now maybe I didn't go enough but we just didn't have the $$ at that time to not be seeing any changes in her after 9 visits. HTH!

yollie Guest

I have a used a chiro for my second as he was a C/S @ 4.4kg and a difficult feeder (Artifical feeding is not an option that I would ever consider too many health risks) the visits were very non invasive and non threatening no head pulling neck cracking ect. My little son was only 4 weeks old when he first went and his course of treatment was for 3 months once aweek to start with then just if I noticed any change in behaviour. Most of the cost was absorbed by MBF and I noticed a difference almost straight away.
    I would recommend it to all surgically delivered babies( C/S forceps suction and even shoulder dystocia) Because the strain put on their little necks in immense it really messes them up for a while. :chairfall:

I'm using an Osteopath for bub's neck. She has been refusing the breast lately and has reflux. I've had one visit and it seems to have helped so far.

What are the differences between what an Osteopath and a Chiropractor does for a baby?

Astrid

yollie Guest

"What are the differences between what an Osteopath and a Chiropractor does for a baby? "
    I just did a quick search and it seems that Osteopathy is the care of the whole person using the hands they say that they treat physically and psychologically. So the difference as far as i can see is that the Chiro is mainly interested in Musclarskeletal system ie bones joints muscles & nerves associated. The Osteo is interested in the whole body system and they use their hands to treat abnormalities they find.
    I think keep going if it helps her to keep feeding!

Hendrix was a very good relaxed sleeping baby anyway but i wanted our chiro to check him over. He found a slight inbalance in his neck which he manipulated and Hendrix fell asleep immediately and slept so much that day. He said i neednt come back so i havent! But i think it was well worth it.

One of my girlfriends is a chiro and she checked Tori out when she was 2 weeks old, she found that Tori had a slight rotatation at the top of her spine and did some work on it, which Tori slept through, and she has been much better at turning her head both directions now and we havent been back at all. only need to if we notice anything.

Custardtart Guest

Max's comfort levels have really improved since seeing the chiro, I initially went to see if he could help with the colic. I haven't seen a heap of improvement there, but it has been well worth the visits, Max had some damage to the Atlas joint (neck) caused during the labour which I wasn't aware of, but I certainly noticed the difference it made to being able to move his head around when feeding once it was fixed!

Kerrie

My chiro is always doing newborns, he swears by it. i will be taking coco when she's 4 weeks, just because that's when Im booked in, however he does them alot earlier. I had a friend who's baby was a projectile vomitor and it was fixed by a visit to the chiro.
    xo