Thread: Can reflux come back?

Default Can reflux come back?

Kynan had mild reflux up until 3 months when it went away by itself. Lately it seems to be happening again, especially after his 1st BF of the day before he's had breakfast. There'll be that distinctive noise of the milk coming up all the time and he constantly seems to be swallowing it back down again. I'd forgotten how bad it smells LOL! It's not really bad but I was just surprised to see him doing it again. Do you think this just has something to do with whatever developmental stage he's at maybe??

Maybe?? I'm not entirely sure. Matilda had the return of reflux when we started her on cows milk rather than formula. Now she has more gastro type symptoms when she gets full cows milk, but when we started her at 9 1/2-10 months she showed reflux type symptoms. Have you introduced anything else new into his diet? Thats all I can think of...sorry.

Actually he has started having a bit more cows milk since he turned 1, not as a drink but in food. And now that I think about it he does the vomit/swallow thing quite a bit after I give him custard. Don't know if that's it but I'll cut back on the cows milk and see how he goes.

Thanks Christy!

Actually, it seems to have completely stopped LOL. He's only doing the occasional normal little milky burp now. I don't know if it was the cutting back on cows milk but something's done the trick!