Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colic - Tried & tested relief...

We had to sleep Jensen in a sort of upright position, or carry him round in a pouchy thing in the evening. Infants friend worked for a while, but then we discovered Donnalix Drops. That seemed to do the trick.

Celeste is now 6weeks old and has had colic since around 3weeks. I use the Brauers Colic Relief and have tried weaning off of it but she still needs it so it looks like an ongoing thing. I use the up over the shoulder burping position around 3 or 4 times during a feed if she lets me (depends how hungry she is!) and keep her up there for a while after. Just tried the gym ball and that worked a treat.
    Also, we have an Amby Hammock for her bed and that is FANTASTIC. I can do the bouncing motion on the ball and then transfer her to her bed and continue it bouncing till she goes to sleep. She will often wake and her movements will soothe her and she will put herself back to sleep if she isnt toooo upset. I love it!

Warm bath with Natural Instincts baby bath (lavender) and a massage with their baby massage oil (also Lavender) helps too and I do the leg actions also, bringing her knees up to her chest and the bicycling one too. I have to take her cloth nappy off to get good range of motion. Works a treat.

Sazzafrazz I can't keep my 5 week old daughter still long enough to really give anything like massage and the leg movements a decent try!! She does not stop wriggling and screaming. Is your bub a wriggler as well?
    So far a wheat pack has been helping when she gets pain's, we put it between my belly and hers and hold her on her side like a football and cradle her head with the other hand and gentle 'jiggle' her head. It also helps her get to sleep in her bassinette when we have been nursing her as she doesn't suddenly loose all that warmth of a body.
    I'm off to the osteopath tomorrow though to see if they can help at all.

jenni85 Guest

Default breastfeeding and colic

I found that giving my daughter bottles during the day and breastfeeding only at night helped with her colic. Whether it was something I was eating or drinking that was affecting my milk and therefore her I don't know. She is alot happier when she's had the bottle throughout the day though, only problem is getting her to take it (she knows the difference).
    I spent a fortune on bottles and different teets to try and get her to take them, she is doing alot better now then in the beginning though. Not so much of an argument to get the bottle going, now she just needs to learn not to get the hands involved and we will be right.
    She's on the Novalec colic formula and using advent and mam bottles
    Before I discovered the link to the breastfeeding causing her pain the only thing that seemed to work was lying down myself and lifting her up and down with my hands under her arms and palms of hands on her stomach. Gave my arms a good workout at the same time!! lol
    I tried the colic relief, infants friend, gripe water, all these seemed to do is result in a massive power spew. Whilst this made her happy it seemed I was just solving one problem but causing another..

emily never suffered from it, but our son (Harry) had real trouble with it. in the end we had to use a product colief, but boy did it work! it cost a small fortune for a tiny amount, but none of the other products worked with him. happily he has now grown out of it, so we now get a reasonable nights sleep!

alli, em & h

Try reading the book called 'colic solved'. Written by a paed gastroentenologist. He goes through what he has learnt in his practise and it's about 'colic' being a diagnosis by doctors who can't figure out what's wrong. Usually it's reflux and/or Cow's Milk Protein Allergy.

My son had 'colic' until i cut out a whole heap of foods from my diet. Changed baby

One word.. Babywedge! This product was amazing for us. We don't like giving our children too much medication and wanted a natural solution. When we started using Babywedge, we saw a difference straight away! It was like I had a new baby. Was such a relief for us. Definitely try it! I assure you it will work wonders

We tried everything (diet, duration/position of feeding, homeopath colic treatment etc) - and then our midwife recommended we try an osteopath, she said another client of hers had tried it and it had work, and we thought, anything is worth a shot.
    After the first session we saw an immediate improvement so we booked again the next week. After that treatment she went an ENTIRE day without colic. In all we had 6-7 treatments and pretty much after that didn't have any more colic episodes.
    It was a lifesaver. Worth a shot. It's been 10months since she had colic but I can still remember it like it was yesterday...

Harvey Karp's Happiest Baby on the Block.
    Babywearing. 6 sling hours early in the day makes the nights so much easier!

1) Chiro
    2) physically cycling legs & massage

Sorry, fat fingers syndrome might occur.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12