Thread: could my 11 week old be teething?

Default could my 11 week old be teething?

he is grumpy and drooling and always tries to put his fists in his mouth if not sucking on me or dummy!
    He has been colicky since birth but dont know if he is starting to exhibit teething symptoms so early or if it just his tummy still? My expert SIL (who does not have children ) seems to think he is teething and says to get him Bonjela.. just wondering what your thoughts were thanks

It is possible, but as Shannon said it also could be likely that its just the developmental stage he is going through.
    I also thought Aidyn was teething at that age, but his first tooth didn't pop through until 5 months... although apparently it can take up to many weeks for them to actually cut through.

mummymeegs Guest

In my professional and personal experience I would say that he is not teething.. Although there have been bubs that teeth this early (some even born with teeth! Ouch!!) it is very rare! And whilst teething symptoms can start quite some time before the teeth actually appear I would say that 11 weeks is waaay too early. I agree with the other girls in that it may just be developmental. Babies use their mouths to explore and maybe that is what he is doing??

mooshie Guest

it could be possible. my ds had 2 teeth at 12wks, i didn't know it was happening, just discovered some sharp little toothy pegs one morning

my ds started teething at 9wks :eek: he had his first tooth at 13wks

thanks girls
    my instincts tell me its his tummy not teething!

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

It's quite possible that he is starting to teethe ... we believe Jovi is also starting to teethe and she's almost 10 weeks ... she's drooling like nothing else, and although she's always like her hands in her mouth, she's chewing them madly now ... also she's been having trouble on the bottle the last couple of days ... is hungry but the sucking annoys her ... and of there's the irritability and sleeplessness ...she's doing much better today though thank god!

Does he have any other symptoms other than the drooling and sucking of hands?

Oh and just cos he might be teething, they quite often won't get teeth for a few months ... this is normal.