Thread: Cradle Cap cure

Custardtart Guest

Default Cradle Cap cure

My last child had cradle cap that lasted through until she was 18 months old. I tried all the old remedies, olive oil, baking soda paste et al, but nothing seemed to work. Then I tried the bar of "Lush" shampoo, 'Soak and Float' every second day and it cleared up within a week.

The results were so drastic I wish I'd taken a photo, her scalp went from having yellow scabby flakes all over the crown to perfect pink skin in only one week.

Kerrie

Kerrie

thanks for the tip... my 2 y o has a bad patch of cradle cap that is really really stubborn! so I'll give that a go.

Thanks for the tip Kerrie.

I'll be sure to file that one for when number 2 gets cradle cap. Gives me an excuse to go to Lush!

Cheers,

Rachel

Custardtart Guest

Let me know if you get the same results - I'd be really interested to hear if you had the same experience I did.
    I tend to go to Lush for all my shampoos now, child no.2 has sensitive skin and comes up in a rash if I use perfumed or coloured commercial products. It's a great excuse to treat myself to a little something, too!

Since I became pregnant with no.3 I'm finding that I get dandruff if I use regular shampoos, so back to Lush for me as well.

Kerrie

Default reply

Kerrie,

That's amazing ,I'll definately tell my mum's group about that as there's 3 babies who have it quite badly.

Thank you.xx :flower:

I found Paw Paw ointment worked for me. I smeared it on to Glenns head and left it for the day ( don't do it on a hot day!!) then used baby shampoo and baby comb to wash it out that evening. The paw paw softened it right up and lifted it off the scalp making it easy to comb out. Left his hair a little greasy but after a couple of days of shampoo and combing all the greasy feeling was gone and so was the cradle cap.

Just incase you didn't know cradel cap is a fungal thing.

I tried the Paw Paw cream after reading this (would have loved the lush soap option but havent seen a shop over here) and it worked really well. Hannah still has a little bit but the majority has gone.

Kerrie - Can you tell me what is lush shampoo you mention it being a bar - I gather it`s like a bar of soap? Can I buy it at the supermarket, chemist or a health food shop - I have no idea what I`m looking for.

I`m willing to try it Matthew`s scalp is getting into quite a mess no matter what I try.

Take Care

Deeanne

I know Lush is a soap shop, like the Body Shop and is in most Westfields or Malls.... :-k

Perhaps they might be on the www then. I might google it and see if I can find something.