Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fed up with reflux!

belmarks Guest

which brands make the goats milk formula? Im gonna give it a try...

karicare make a goats milk one... I'm not sure about any other brands

Custardtart Guest

Goats milk is closer in make-up to human milk than cows milk is. I think it's to do with the casein (milk protein)? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    When I had to use a substitute milk for Samantha I used powdered goats milk from the healthcare shop, not the Karicare one - I don't remember the name though. You can also get hold of fresh goats milk in a lot of healthcare shops now, and dilute it with boiling water - 2/3 milk to 1/3 water will bring it to the correct consistency and temperature for babies, I found. One of my friends used this a lot too for her children when she had milk supply problems.

Kerrie

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

I have a 19 day old baby that the paedaetrician thinks has reflux. She has been put on Karicare thickened formula and also been put on Zantac. At the moment I am ringing the paedaetrician every few days to tell him what is going on because if this does not work, he is considering sending her to have a barium meal done, or changing her formula to soya. Otherwise he will give her a script for medicated formula which is a lot dearer than the over the counter formula, so hoping everything settles down soon.

Bubs had a very irritable night last night and day today, with chucking all over me, to having wind problems she has hardly had any sleep today, so hoping for a good night tonight.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and Ashleigh(19 days old)

Custardtart Guest

Michele, have a read of the thread I started called "Chiropractic help for reflux" in this forum and see if you think it might be of benefit - quite often babies have structural damage in the hip or neck from labour which can affect reflux and colic drastically, so it might be worth an assessment if you have a good infant chiro in your area.

Kerrie

Aussie_Chik Guest

Tommy went for the Barium meal, it was a very stressful and worrying time. All it did was prove that he had reflux! #-o I know they were looking for pyloric stenosis or however you spell it, but when I told my normal paedetrician he almost laughed and said it was a waste of time and money. Thing is it is the great unknown and no one can give you definate answers or solutions. Such a pain! ](*,)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12