Thread: FINALLY SOMETHING!!! - Will Mylanta help her?

Danstar Guest

Unhappy FINALLY SOMETHING!!! - Will Mylanta help her?

Hi everyone!

This is a follow up post....
    My beautiful baby girl Siena started off as a dream child and had regular feeds and sleep. About a week ago her sleep patterns changed and she has only had one 'day sleep' over the last two weeks. She sleeps well at night, but usually begins her restless ritual from about 5 or 6am. She is breastfed and has gained a good amount of weight. I dont know if this is a feeding, settling or medical problem. Could wind keep her up for so long? She tries to settle, but wakes every few minutes - sometimes even when she has her dummy. I have also noticed that she makes a lot of grunting noises.

I have gone back to work this week and cant function because of the stress of leaving her and trying to express. My mother-in-law takes care of her and my 2 y o.

Please help!!!!! I would appreciate any advice. I have tried all settling techniques and nothing has worked - I feel terrible that she is not having a day-sleep - not even one!

I seriously think that it is colic or reflux - I have read up on the symptoms which are consistant with everything she is doing. Went to local Doc who refused to prescribe anything until she saw a paediatrician:mad: . Finally got an appointment yesterday with the Paed. after much persistance and him telling me that I had a normal baby who would outgrow this, he prescribed Mylanta - 1ml before feed and 1ml after the feed.

Can anyone please shed some light on this frustrating situation? I have heard that Mylanta doesnt really help much. I just want my baby to fell comfortable and be happy - at least some of the time!!!!

So sorry for the LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG post.
    XXXXXXXX

Sorry for the long post

Danstar Guest

Hi Theresa,

Nice to meet you - its so terrible to see them in such pain. Siena even groans when she eventually does sleep. I dont know why it is such a battle to get somewthing to help them through these troubled times.

What medication is Georgie taking? Have you found it helps her? I have a 2.5 yo also. He is battling for our attention since baby arrived and is being very naughty and driving us mad!!! How are you coping with it all?
    Danielle