Thread: First tooth for my little boy

Default First tooth for my little boy

Woo Hoo - Matty's first tooth has popped through! I can't believe it!! DH spotted it this morning and there it is on the bottom. So cute.

It appeared without incident so it was a surprise!

I have a question though for all you experienced mums, do you clean it as it is growing? Do you clean it at all? Did you get a toothbrush to clean it?

Thanks guys.

Congratulations Matthew!!!!

Yeah I would clean it, I was told by my MCHN to clean in the bath with a face cloth just with water. I didn't start using a toothbrush till more toothy pegs came through.

HTH's

*hugs*
    Cailin

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Wow that was quick nell! Elijah has one and he's 7 months! It's a good idea to start looking after teeth as soon as they erupt, but as Cailin said, it's fine to use a warm face cloth at this young age. Maybe let him play with a toothbrush for babies (to get used to the idea), when you brush your own teeth, I found Marisa enjoyed it most when it was a family affair.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Yay & Congratulations Matthew! =D>
    How lucky that he didnt go through any major pain with it too.

I also used to rub Aidyns first teeth with a cloth, but once he had about 3 or 4 teeth I bought one of the soft baby toothbrushes, and would give it a brushing every time he had a bath.

mooshie Guest

wtg nell and matthew
    =D>
    so good when they do the teeth thing with no symptons, sounds like my ds, his first 2 teeth popped through at 12wks.

as for cleaning as the others said just a soft cloth wiped over will do the job. i have just started using a baby toothbrush for lani and i also just brush over the teeth whilst she is in the bath (no toothpaste tho) she loves it on the top as her 2 top ones are nearly through and gives her some relief.

hope the other teeth come through without problems.

awww... I have such bad tooth envy!!! I can't wait to see one! Maybe on her 1st birthday...