Thread: Giving Mylanta to Babies???

Default Giving Mylanta to Babies???

Hello

I suspect my 2 week old might be developing reflux (refusing some feeds although obviously hungry, writhing in pain when refusing bottle, hiccupping etc). A friend told me that it is safe to give Mylanta to babies if they show signs of reflux. Is this true and if so, what kind of dosages are we talking and how do you administer it?

Thanks !!!!

When my DS was about 6 weeks old we thought he might have had a touch of reflux and his ped said we could give him 1-1.5ml of Mylanta. We just used a syringe thing that comes with the Panadol drops and squirted it in. He didn't mind the taste or anything. He said to give it up to three times a day I think but we only ever gave it to him when he was really unsettled. After about a month whatever was bothering him settled and we didn't use it anymore.

Yep we had to give DD Mylanta aswell.. about 1.5 mls in a syringe. We only ever did it if she was really unsettled with her reflux.

I had to give it to DD1 and she would smack her lips after it!!! It worked wonders on her.

Thank you very much girls for your advice. Flea, I was wondering where to get a syringe from and I forgot that there was one with the Panadol so thanks for reminding me!

I have just bought some Infants Friend and am amazed at the difference in him in just one day of using it so hopefully I wont need to use the Mylanta afterall.

Thanks!!!

I would check with your doctor before administering mylanta, it isn't approved in babies though a doctor can give permission, it can be harmful if the child has certain diseases or tendancies.

I hope the infants friend keeps up its good work, otherwise go to your doctor and ask about medications.