Thread: Gripe water

maggie Guest

Default Gripe water

Hi

Can anyone let me know if they are using gripe water on their newwborns, and if so, waht results have they seen. thanks

Hi maggie!

i started using gripe water when savanna turned 3 months.
    Im not too sure if it has done anything at all. I cant really tell as i think she may be teething so shes a bit all over the place at the moment.
    She seems to let her wind out quiet nicely though so that might be a result

I heard they gripe water is not recommended any more but my family have been using it for generations and it has never been a problem. Also my chn said to try it aswell so i guess it cant hurt.

hope that helps

Who really knows? My MCHN told me it didn't do anything for wind! Does is have an age recommendation on the bottle? If it's ok age wise then give it a go - it's not going to hurt.

Hey guys.. I know I am a bit late on this thread... but same as you ambz.. my family has used it for generations! I just discoverd a website today about colic ease gripe water!! it was an american site http://www.colicease.com/ It has alot of good information.

Love the old gripe water.. works wonders when they are new born.. I use coroms gripe water.. its none alcoholic and has a recommended age use of 6 weeks and up.
    but now we have started the dreaded dummy dip in the gripe water.. whoops .. but the dummy is only for bed time....