Thread: Information for those who need it

Default Information for those who need it

I have been doing some research to see if we can work out what is troubling Asha ... I came across these sites that I thought might be useful for someone who has not dealt with colic or reflux before

Reflux

Colic

HTH

Cheers

Some informative links there Kelly. Thanks for that.

Love :smt049

Another thing I thought about recommending now that we have been there and done it is taking baby to a Chiropractor.

Birthing is one of the most unavoidably traumatic experiences a baby goes through and due to this there is a chance that a baby can be susceptible to sublaxated during birth.
    Asha has been to the Chiropractor and is a completely different baby compared to last few nights!!

She has a slightly twisted spine and had adjustments today on the left side of her neck and the left side of her pelvis! She has to go back again on Saturday and will have to go again next week but we have had no trouble getting wind up, no screaming, and best of all she has fallen asleep easily and has stayed asleep!!

We have had a great night ... now fingers crossed it continues!!

Today she has been a lot more settled than previous days/nights but her day has been disrupted by having to have an ultrasound on her kidneys so she is a little more unsettled than last night!

Jack also had reflux and I took him straight to the doctors and now look back and wish I had taken him to the Chiropractor first ... I think about everything that he has been through in his 6 years so far and wonder if I had taken him to the Chiro if we would have been through it all. I am still considering taking him as he still has problems with his ears and if I take him I will take Emma as well. It should help them both become healthier as the treatments help their nervous system sort itself out!!!

Anyway I just thought I would post this here as I didn't even know about it with Emma & Jack and am now so glad to have been told about other options to medication!!!

Cheers

I wonder if reflux in a caesarian baby can be helped by the Chiropractor... hmmm

only 1 way to find out Christy !!

Love :smt049

Christy ... Asha was a ceaserian baby It has helped her heaps!!! Although I don't think she has reflux, more likely colic!!!

Thought I would share this with you, it is what my Chiropractor said to me and I hadn't thought about it until then.

When you have a c-section they only have a small window of opportunity to get the baby out ... due to the uterus trying to close again once it is cut. They have to work quickly and that often results in the doctors pulling and pushing around the baby to get them out. This can result in your baby suffering sublaxations!!!

Just sharing what I have found out since having Asha (wish I had known about it with Jack) and I am now thinking about taking Emma & Jack to have their backs assessed.

Cheers

ok we've just had our first trip to the chiropracter and yep Matilda is pretty sublaxated... so she's been unsettled ever since, but they did warn us of that for the first time, but she's now been asleep for an hour so we'll let you know how tonight went... she has another appointment first thing tomorrow morning, and the chiro called at 7.30pm to see how Matilda was going (she was screaming at the time... 8-[ ) so at least they knew I wasn't joking when I said she was unsettled. But I am holding out to see how it goes after a few trips.