Thread: karicare sensicare HA-AR

Default karicare sensicare HA-AR

I just purchased a tin of Karicare Sensicare HA-AR per my doctors recommendation as my dd may have reflux. I noticed on the preparation instructions and the WARNING section that it states to make up one bottle at a time and feed immediately. I normally make up several bottles ahead of time (as I'm sure most of you do), the last thing I want to be doing when Abbie is screaming and hungry is waiting for boiled water to cool enough for her to drink! Have any of you used this kind of formula, and if so, have you prepared extra bottles in advance? Did you have any trouble from doing this?

Also, did this formula help with your baby's reflux much? I believe Abbie has Silent Reflux, although she spits up maybe once or twice a day, but mainly her trouble is stomach acid in her throat and possibly some pain from wind, so I'm hoping this new formula will help her and won't cause constipation.

Thanks
    Stephanie

Stephanie - My daughter has the AR formula. You can't make it up in advance, cos it gets thicker, and if you ever smell an unfinished bottle that you haven't poured down the drain for a few hours it smells revolting! What I do is wash and sterilise all my bottles and fill them with the required amount of boiled water. Then I just leave them there until I am ready to use them and make them up. I have actually been then heating the bottle in hot water, but I think this is very wrong with the AR formula? Can someone confirm?

Matilda was on the same formula and what we did was make up the bottles without the formula and stick them in the fridge, and then warmed them up in the microwave and added the formula in. So when she was hungry it took us around a minute to get the bottle together. HTH

btw the microwave we used we took a while to find the right temp through lots of shaking up and testing because of the way microwaves work we didn't want to make anything too warm for her.

So christy, she had it warmed?

Thanks for all of your advice! I will give a few of them a try and see what works best for me.

Cheers
    Stephanie

We heated the bottle until the water was warm, not hot and then added the formula afterwards. I was under the impression that the formula thickens as it cools so it was important to not give cold :-k