Thread: losec

maggie Guest

Default losec

Hi

DS has now been moved onto losec,, how long til i expect to see some improvement? i hope this works better then the zantac...

The Losec should start pretty well in the first few days of him being on it. Just remember though that while it stops the pain it will not stop the vomitting.

tiggy Guest

Yep, all that Sarah says.

It stops the acid moving up and down the oesophagus, so the burning sensation should end in a few days but the vomiting won't stop, that has more to do with the sphincter at the entrance to the stomach, being weak, so it doesn't shut properly.

Good Luck. Hope the Losec works for you. Ivy is on 20mg of Losec and along with a prescription formula, we are finally getting some relief...she still vomits though and some days a worse than others.

Our little boy is also on Losec and I think we started seeing results after a couple of days...now, almost a week into it, the changes are AMAZING!!!! Riley doesn't scream at all after a feed like he used to. Losec has changed our lives!! I'm not sure how long they have to stay on it though, I guess that's the next thing to work out...

Hope the Losec works for you too!

maggie Guest

thanks, also notice that DS does not have as much pain after a feed, and its only been a few days.... which we are happy about.

Wow I didn't know babies could take losec, DH has been on it for a few years now and really goes downhill fast when he runs out and misses a few days. He has found it the best even of other prescription meds.

Kate, do you give Rylee the losec 1/2 an hour before a feed? Our Dr said that it needs to be in their system about 1/2 an hour before a feed to make sure if any acid has developed that's it's neutralised.

maggie Guest

hey i put losec mixed in DS formaula,, should i not do it this way, and administer it by syringe earlier then the feed in due?

I thought I'd write an update in here... Our little man has now been on Losec for almost a month and it is the BEST thing ever invented! He has 5 mg a day (half a tablet) and it is AWESOME!!! He rarely cries any more, he sleeps during the day (which he didn't do for the first 12 weeks of his life) and he is just a totally different boy... But if he throws up the balls (from the disolved tablet) then he has a bad day the next day...that's how obvious it is to us that this stuff works for Riley! It is the BEST thing ever and has changed our lives!!!

I also found out that a friend of ours has her little girl on Losec and she's been on it since about 12 weeks old...she's now 15 months old and still on it but it is still working so that's all that matters.