Thread: Losec dosage?

Default Losec dosage?

My DD has been on Losec for the past 5 months. Recently she has been displaying the dreaded old symptoms, should the dosage go up according to their weight? If so what is the ratio? I would normally ask the paed, but I can't get in till next month and would like to get it right as soon as possible. I would appreciate any information.

Can you get the paed on the phone just to ask? Whenever Zander's dosage was changed it was based on his symptoms & not his weight, he was never weighed at the time.

I have rung the paed, still waiting for his phone call. Thanks anyway.

My DS was on Losec for about 9 months and always had the same dosage. Yet my DD was started on double the dose of my son even though their symptoms and presentations were identical. My daughter was half the size of my rolly polly son! They had the same paed also. What about asking the pharmacist?

Hope it gets sorted soon!!

Lynnette x

Riley is 6 months and has been on half a tablet since about 4 months... A friend who had a baby with reflux had to up her dosage at some point though but is now cutting back again now that bub is about 18 months old...

Thank you for all the advice. Paed finally rang back and has upped her dosage at night.

Thats interesting our Paed said Losec dose was not calculated based on weight ????

There is a formula for losec determination by mass, but generally they stick to what can be administered. Losec comes in the 10 or 20mg tablets, so you they generally stick to half or one tablet KWIM?