Thread: Natural Therapies for Reflux

littlelove Guest

Default Natural Therapies for Reflux

I just wanted to know if anyone has had success with any natural therapies or remedies for reflux. My son is 11 weeks old and was diagnosed with reflux at 5 weeks. Initially we were told to use infant Gaviscon in his formula, which didnt help at all, and then we were prescribed Zantac. The Zantac did make some difference however he hates it (the poor darling protests by closing his lips turning his head from side to side and screaming) and I am concerned about how it affects the absorption of nutrients.

We went for our first baby acupuncture session yesterday and I am really hoping that this may help. Has anyone else done acupuncture or been to an osteopath/chiro and had any relief from reflux?

I tried chiropractic work because I heard it was really good but after 5 weeks we stopped because we couldn't afford to continue to go and not see any results. I've heard great things about osteopaths as well. I got some homeopathic drops as well which seemed to help, but for us positioning & Zantac was the best option we had. Good luck!

We went to the chiro for Sophia when we were told she had colic and reflux, he adjusted her back on the first visit and on the second visit told us that there was no longer anything chiropracticly wrong. It's really difficult to judge whether it has helped or not. Maybe only given me a little peace of mind.
    We were also told to use Infant Gaviscon, but it didn't help at all, just made her poo really mucousy and was an absolute nightmare to give to a breastfed bub.
    Hope the accupuncture works for you, I would be really interested to know how it goes. Anything that helps even a little bit is worth it.
    Best Wishes

Geniebean Guest

Ellie started going to the chiro for her reflux...she's on S26 AR formula & baby losec. The chiro got me to put her on baby inner health plus. I just put a tiny bit in her bottle once a day and it seems to keep her regular if nothing else. Aids her digestion apparently.

we are going to the osteo in the next couple of weeks will let you know how it goes

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Elijah was alot more settled sleeping in the Hug-A-Bub or you could use any sling, which helps the reflux. Also elevating baby during sleep times, i.e. rolling up a towel and putting it under the mattress. He also relied on a dummy to help at times.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

We took our dd to an osteopath as she suffered from terrible reflux. After 2-3 sessions we noticed a big difference and after 6-8 it had gone completely. SHe became a totally different baby, so happy, and began to sleep 10-13 hrs a night. I would highly recommend them

we went to the osteo - he said that he couldn't find anything reflux related but he did help with the other end - no more waiting eight days for a poo....never been so excited about a pooey nappy! Ethan is on Zantac now and sleeping like the proverbial baby - its amazing - hopefully he will start to gain weight accordingly now