Thread: Padbury Pharmacy Mix

Default Padbury Pharmacy Mix

This is a question for anyone who has used the Padbury Pharmacy Mix - how long did you use it for before seeing results? I have been using it on DS for over a week now and no change. When did you give it to bubs? If i give it directly after feed, he just vomits it all back up again. Do i just write this off as another thing that hasnt worked for us, or keep trying with it?

I give 1.2ml (he is 6kg) and he has both reflux and vomiting. Try to keep as upright as possible after feeding but still bringing everything up. He is also on Losec. I tried increasing the dosage as per Stevens instructions but no joy .

I found that 2ml worked within 5 mins even when DS was that weight - if he needed to burp or vomit.

No meds will stop the vomiting, sometimes it does decrease the amount of vomiting because it makes their tummy a little less sensitive, but the vomiting is due to the weak lower esophageal sphincter, so the meds don't tighten that, generally time will do that.

How do you give the losec and how much do you give. The mix will be good for kids with slight reflux or wanting something to top up their reflux meds. IT should not be given within an hour of the losec as it can make the losec not work.

Generally the key with kids who need other meds is to adjust the losec until you get it right.

Sorry Scarlett - i only just saw your post. I have given up on the mix as it was making him projectile vomit. Have now gone back to just thickening his feeds - although this does tend to make him constipated. My main concern with his vomiting has been that he chokes on it and also in this summer heat it is hard to keep under his chubby little chin dry so he is getting quite rashy.

He is on 10ml of Losec (tablets) - give him 5ml in morning and 5 at night. It really helps him with the pain. I guess it is me that is having a hard time dealing with the vomiting so i keep trying all these 'cures' which tend to make me feel worse when they dont work!
    Thanks for your reply x