Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pain relief for teething

Default Pain relief for teething

My DD is teething and has been crying for the last 2 days. I've been giving her panadol which isn't helping at all. What other pain relief could I use? She hasn't slept for the past two nights, was up at 7.30 a.m on Friday and was awake for 18hrs. Was wondering about Nuerofen, I've never used it before, has anyone found it works better than panadol. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Dianne

I personally haven't used the Nuerofen, yet, but have it ready to go for when DS starts teething. I bought it just the other day. I have heard, from many, that it is much more effective than panadol for teething.

Thanks Georgi, am waiting for the Chemist to open at 8.00, I'll get some and give it a try.

Regards,
    Dianne

ive used Nurofen since Mia was 3 months old. I find it works much better and i have neverr had to give her a 2nd dose for the same thing.

Bruers (sp) have a teething reilef natural pain relief out there.. i have been told that is good. Also Infants friend is meant to be good.

Are u using Bonjela aswell?

I was talked into buying the amber necklaces... And i must say i was skeptical but have been proven wrong... It has worked a treat with DD...

yep...amber necklace here too...works wonders!!

oh i forgot about them. I want to get one. Where do u get them from???

Amberbebe or darlings downunder have them - they really do work, don't know how but they do!

neurofen is fine but remember it is best taken with food (or milk) in the belly. It can cause ulcers. If you find that the neurofen isn't relieving your little ones pain, you can actually give panadol and neurofen together - give it at the same time to achieve a longer and better level of pain relief. You give the normal dose of panadol you would give and the normal dose of neurofen you would give.

It take up to 30 minutes for the effects of neurofen or panadol to be felt, so perhaps some SM33 on the gums just after you give the oral meds (so you don't wash the gel off). This should take immediate effect in relieving some of the discomfort whilst waiting for the oral meds to kick in.

Hope that helps.

MG

We use Hyland's teething tablets here. They are tiny tablets you place your little one's mouth and they just disolve. You can buy these from your chemist and they are homeopathic. You can give Panadol or Nurofen with these too.

Quote Originally Posted by mako View Post
    We use Hyland's teething tablets here. They are tiny tablets you place your little one's mouth and they just disolve. You can buy these from your chemist and they are homeopathic. You can give Panadol or Nurofen with these too.
    We use the Hyland's too, in fact I just gave DS some before his afternoon nap.

MG never thought I could give both panadol and neurofen together. I gave her a dose of nuerofen at 10.30 a.m which seemed to help for a while but by 2.00 p.m she was so upset and really hot from her fever I put her in a cool bath and at 4.30 p.m gave her both medicines, now she is happily watching Wiggles, hope she sleeps tonight. I will have to search town tomorrow for an amber necklace, I asked the pharmacists but they have never heard of them lol. Thanks again for all your advice.

Regards,
    Dianne

oh yes.. thanks mothergoose, i forgot to add, nurofen must be taken with food. I give Mia some before or after a feed.

I bought an amber necklace last week, from Inspired By Finn, on line. It was a good price.

It's a US site. I bought one for myself too, hoping it will relieve my back pain
    Last edited by Georgi; April 14th, 2009 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Removed Link

be careful with posting links georgi. No links allowed to be posted that sell anything.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

nurofen is great stuff to use from 6 months onwards with a belly full off milk. using with panadol is good way to use means you can give regular analgesia that work differently so always covered.

the amber necklaces i hve not found in shops only online i kep changing mind on whether to get 1 of not!!!

hope bella is better today.

Oh, thanks hollye, I didn't know that. I'll delete it

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

i saw amber teething necklaces for babies, in a real life shop, it's called Rainbow Tree (Kensington Park), in Adelaide. it's an organic baby and small children's shop. but that's the first time i saw them in a real life shop.

i also see them online at

• darlingsdownunder
    • ozebaby shops (look under jewerelly)
    • other sites but my memory has forgotten which ones!

i stuffed around, not buying one when we needed it the most, glad we have one now, but i should have gotten one earlier. i was skeptical! but it's been very good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast