Thread: reflux and medication...

alex c Guest

Default reflux and medication...

went to see the baby doctor today and he sent me to get my daughters chest xrayed coz she had pnumonia after she was born and he just wanted to double check...came back clear thank god..instead he is 90% sure that she has reflux and now im using s-26 AR for reflux and it also has a thickner in it.He also perscribed zantac to be taken twice a day (1ML)has anybody eles tried any of these i would like to hear from you...

I used zantac 1ml twice daily with Matilda. I was breastfeeding at first and the evening dose was given with a comp bottle. I would give her the dose as she was feeding, which apparently reduced the effectiveness but it was the only way I could get her to take it... it tastes horrible.

sonsangel Guest

My Ds got really constipated on the S26 AR. We added an extra 5-10mls to what was on the tin which still didn't help.
    My MCHN told us it can take up to half to a full tin for their bodies to get used to it. We persevered but went back to just the normal S26 formula as did another lady in my mother's group. After a full tin of the normal one he was fine. You may find after the Zantac kicks in, can take up to 2 wks, things will get easier.

Good Luck, hope things settle down soon.

We used NAN HA-AR for Matilda because I found the other formula wasn't good. The difference between the HA and non HA formula's is basically that it is easier to digest. So it doesn't stay solid in their tummys for as long.

Is zantac given before or after a feed?

I got some gaviscon for Milo today, but it says to give after a feed, however at the moment he's refusing to feed a lot, so I'd rather use something he can have before?