Thread: Teeth Grinding

~Krys~ Guest

Default Teeth Grinding

Please someone help me

Kaleb has not long cut three top teeth (with another on the way) and just yeseterday started grinding his teeth. The noise makes me feel sick.

NOW I know that it is probably normal and you will say that he will grow out of it, but should I be worried??

Krys

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, just saying that Logan cut two of his top teeth last week. As soon as the first one even began to come through he was grinding his front teeth (and looked so proud of himself I might add!) The noise made me cringe and my teeth hurt. But he has stopped for now though. Although, saying that he will probably start doing it again tomorrow lol

I hope he grows out of it soon

~Krys~ Guest

LOL thanks for that Melinda!

You are right Kaleb looks so proud when he was doing it, lips pushed out and a little smirk on his face... Little monkeys we have it would appear.

Lucie was doing this when her top ones came through too and it was driving us nuts. She seems to have stopped now. Probably just a phase of them getting used to strange new bits in their mouths!

My three have all done it at various times and it still drives me insane. I think they like to do it when teeth come through because the pressure from clenching/grinding their teeth gives them some relief. I would just tell them not to do it, but not sure if that made any difference to them though. Most of the time it doesn't cause problems because they often stop doing it after a while.

~ButterflyMum~ Guest

oh Krys Hayley does this ALL the time!! It makes me cringe. Brett hates it with a passion and sticks his finger in her mouth to make her stop but this makes her do it even more.

I've told him if we just ignore it hopefully she will stop doing it.

I know what you mean though, it's driving me crazy too. Cheeky little monkeys they are.

Indah does it all the time too & makes my almost vomit! I start gagging coz it sounds horrendous & I imagine a tooth falling out she grinds them so hard, but then the tooth is out & she stops, tiul the next one starts coming!!!

I try to tell her No as well, she just giggles...

Amy did it too and I started a thread on it. It doesn't last for too long before they stop but it hard to listen to!

Mackenzie did it on and off for about 12 months. Thinking about it she hasn't done it for a long time now so I guess they grow out of it. Imagine only have gums and then all of a sudden you have a new toy (teeth) to play with and you don't even have to move to get it! I wouldn't worry about it for now.