Thread: Teething and poos (TMI contained)

Default Teething and poos (TMI contained)

Is it normal for DS's poos to be really really runny? I am talking gastro runny.. HE isn't going any more than normal, twice a day, but it is the look of them that worries me..

Besides not eating much solids (But is taking an extra 2 bottles than normal), he has no other obvious signs of being sick.. He is happy, except when his finger is stuck in his mouth where the teeth are coming, and playing, and jumping all over his sister...

All my kids have had horrible diarrhea when teething, but more so with molars & the eye teeth.
    Keep an eye on him & change as soon as you know he's gone, coz it can cause really bad nappy rash. Maybe make sure you have a barrier cream on him to reduce the chance.
    DD1 was my worst, as she was 13 months & could walk, so would take off every time she had a dirty nappy.

If you see any other signs of him being sick, maybe have him checked out if worried

Thank you.. It is some teeth towards the back, he has the 8 at the front already..

I change him straight away, I hear it happening.. I am not worried as such, but we didn't have anything like this with DD teething, so wasn't sure if other people have it..

Yep both my girls do the most horrible runny, mucousy (sorry TMI), stinky poos when teething....and they do about four a day. Ugh. Keep an eye on the nappy rash like clover said. Those poos seem to be a lot more prone to causing rash.

erck, my DS was like that....gross gross really smelly poo. Like MS DS did about 4-5 a day though.

Yep, it just like you have all mentioned, like it on Sunday, ok yesterday, and back again today. My main concern was that he might be sick and contagious and I might unknowingly pass it on.. But while he is showing no other signs of being sick, (and I know he has a fresh tooth cause he bit me with it, and it wasn't there yesterday ), I will assume he is teething, and have some extra clothes and take disinfectant wipes if I go out..

DD2 has had the runs for about 3 days, looked in her mouth yesterday, bang her first tooth. DD1 was exactly the same. A lot of people will tell you that runny poo and slightly higher body temp arent related. If you see and feel my babies when they teeth you would disagree, DD2 was a little hot water bottle yesterday and her body temp was up about .2.