Thread: which tooth was your babies first?

Default which tooth was your babies first?

i thought the first teeth are the bottom two centre ones.. but i think i can see a tooth on the top gums (next to front teeth) of my 6 month olds? he has been drooling for months and always wants to put something in mouth..he seems very unsettled the past few days not sleeping much..could it be? what does it look like when it starts to come through? thanks all

Last edited by guccibabe; October 22nd, 2006 at 10:54 PM.

Fire Fly Guest

With DD i never even knew she was teething, she was so easy. It was only pure luck that she was chomping on my fingers one day that i felt this hard, sharp tooth (bottom left) that i realised.
    DS on the other hand has dribbled from the age of 4 months none stop. If you looked in his mouth you could see all the little nobs under the skin. He got his first at around 7months and it was his bottom right. You can see the gums get a bit grey looking then they can go red from the pressure. I found i had to give DS some panadol before going to bed sometimes to take that ache away for him so he could sleep. The teethers left in the fridge are excellent to cause the cold reduces the swelling in there mouth and soothes it for them. Also, havent tried it, but a wet face washer put in the freezer for a little while for them to suck on is good to, apparently.
    Ive never used bonjela or anything like that cause i dont like the thought of putting a mild anaesthetic in there mouth. See how you go.

Their teeth are always going up and down in their gums so dont be surprised if there there one minute then gone the next. Must be frustrating for the kids.

My first was an easy teether as well, he got the bottom 2, the top 2 etc.
    But Glenn cut his out of order. I think they call it "Cutting on the cross" Glenn got his top "eye"teeth first then his bottom middle ones then the top middle ones. SOmething like that anyway. I have it written down in his book the exact order they came. But you can get the normal way of them coming or they can come out of order. Both me & DH cut our teeth on the cross also so its no wonder that Glenn did.

My little man seems to cut two teeth at a time...poor little thing!. He got his bottom two and then the top two and now he is getting the two on either side of the top middle ones. These ones seem to be the worse as he is really unsettled at the moment.

Hey Gucci babe are you keen on a young mums playgroup thing on the Gold Coast?? A group of us are trying to set one up. Let me know and ill give you the details

yeah playgroup sounds great mumma bear.. what sort of day and place?

We are just trying to figure it all out...Wednesdays or Fridays I think. Do you use msn? add me if you want.. [email protected]

Maddy's have come in two pairs. Bottom two middle teeth first at exactly a day apart, and then top 2 middle ones with one being a slight bit quicker than the other. (Like a day apart)