Thread: When did your bubs reflux stop?

Default When did your bubs reflux stop?

Well *they* say that reflux should be all cleared up by the time the baby gets to 6months old. I guess *they* forgot to tell Alexzander that LOL! On Saturday he had his bottle, 1/2 an hour later Aaron took him for his sleep & he threw up all over himself, Aaron, the cot, the floor, you name it he got it. I was at work, but Aaron said it was the worst one ever (well at least that he's seen ).

So my question is, when did everyone's bubs get over their reflux? Christy I'm hanging out for your response here as always with this reflux business

LOL Matilda's stopped around 8 months, and then it reared its ugly head for around 3 weeks when she was 9 1/2 months. We couldn't place a reason for it coming back other than she was moving around so much more, walking & falling... she would walk and then when she lost her balance rather than land on her bum she would bend forwards & put her hands on the ground. Either that or introducing milk in the cereal because as soon as we stopped the cows milk it went away :-k

Hmm, we haven't introduced milk yet due to his eczema, so it's not that. But he is trying to walk so maybe falling over forward like you decribed has something to do with it...

Aussie_Chik Guest

Tommy's reflux got a whole lot better when we introduced solids at 6 months but he was still sick occasionally. It probably totally went away at 7 1/2 months. I thought it would never end but gradually it just got better and better. Fingers crossed for you and Bub Sarah, it's a real heartache I know! [-o<

I know Shannon I know, I thought we were all clear! It's not very often, probably once or twice a week, but still it's not very nice for him (or me).

Hi
    My DS has had reflux since birth, and still has it at almost 9 months. I too am interested to see when his goes, as it is just horrible for him. Our Dr doesnt seem concerned, as he is putting on weight??

Awww poor bubba I think Drs tend to be a little unconcerned if the baby isn't in pain. DO you think he is?

As for us, I am very quietly saying we have had no vomitting for 2 weeks :-$ Ok ok so we had 2 little ones last night, but that's no tooo bad!

jackson had silent reflux, so he wasnt actually bringing anything up, he just had that burning acid sorta sensation and used to scream and cry about half an hour after a feed. we switched him to the karicare thickened formula at about 4 months and that cleared it right up, havent had a problem since

kerry Guest

Brigid has silent reflux and i am breast feeding... does anyone have a suggestion to help the poor little thing (and my sanity for that matter).

Okey dokeys, I would recommend:

* hold her upright for 1/2 an hour after a feed
    * put phonebooks under her cot to make the head end raised
    * try gripe water (3ml) before every feed
    * don't do tummy time immediately after a feed
    * lots of baths canbe soothing
    * if you want to, try EBM in a bottle with a thickener
    * if she is really struggling get her to the Dr for medication (maybe Zantac which stops the vomitting or Losec which stops the acid developing in her stomach)

sonsangel Guest

My Ds had silent reflux also. He was put on Zantac at 8wks and was on it till around 8mths old. We had to keep going back to the pharmacist to check he was getting the right dose as his weight gained.
    This makes a huge difference.

Also we'd tried infant gaviscon which was useless as you had to give him some stupid amount like 10mls thats alot for a little baby. esp when it isn't milk.

What worked for us is the *Warm baths
    * Phone books under the legs of the head of the cot.
    *Ordinary everyday MYLANTA. Just 1-2mls up to three times a day no more. This was our instant life saver and helped whilst the Zantac took two weeks to kick in. Once the Zantac kicked in he was good.
    * One other thing we tried was a Chiropractor. It was after the second treatment and he was a new baby. Even the mums at mother's group noticed a huge improvement. After him screaming an hour of the two hours we were there. I know it's not something that everyone would be in favour for but it worked for us. It didn't make it go away completely but he began sleeping through the night, and he became a calmer baby.

Thats all I can remember right now.